HP ProDesk 600 G2 Mini 6th gen Intel to 7th gen upgrade

Good day everyone,

I was wondering if it was possible for my HP ProDesk 600 G2 mini to work with a 7th gen Intel i7, 

originally it comes with the i5-6500T and I got a banging deal on a used i7-7700T. 

As I read on HPs website it's officially not supported, it might be a stretch but is there anyway to flash a custom bios so that it does work?
I have tried putting the i7 in the PC, it 'boots', the fan spins up and down, it shuts back down and then it boots up a second time and stays on but does not post (no screen). It's also not reachable over the network.

Is there anyone that has experience with this and can help me or am I just screwed?

Thanks for reading

Spoiler

CPU: R7 5800x -- Mobo: Gigabyte B550 Gaming X v2 -- RAM: 2x16GB Kingston Fury Renegade -- GPU: Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming OC -- Case: Fractal Design North Walnut/Black Mesh -- Storage: 2TB 970 Evo Plus, 4TB NM790 -- PSU: BeQuiet Pure Power 11 Platinum 650w -- Displays: AOC AGON  AG352UCG, Dell Ultrasharp U2715H -- Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 -- Mouse: Corsair M65 -- Keyboard: Func KB 460 MX Blue -- Sound: Motu M2 -> THX 789 -> DT880 600Ω -- Mic: RØDE NT1-A

Spoiler

RIG 2: Intel i5-8400, 16 GB RAM, RTX 2070S

Spoiler

If it's not officially supported and you've physically tried it and it doesn't work, then my money is on that it doesn't work.

I'd be hesitant to flash a custom bios and risk bricking it entirely.

1 minute ago, ars3n1k said:

If it's not officially supported and you've physically tried it and it doesn't work, then my money is on that it doesn't work.

I'd be hesitant to flash a custom bios and risk bricking it entirely.

Just talking hypotheticals here. But it depends on the BIOS, if it ADDS support I am willing to try, if it claims to rewrite to only support 7th gen then I will not risk it.

Spoiler

CPU: R7 5800x -- Mobo: Gigabyte B550 Gaming X v2 -- RAM: 2x16GB Kingston Fury Renegade -- GPU: Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming OC -- Case: Fractal Design North Walnut/Black Mesh -- Storage: 2TB 970 Evo Plus, 4TB NM790 -- PSU: BeQuiet Pure Power 11 Platinum 650w -- Displays: AOC AGON  AG352UCG, Dell Ultrasharp U2715H -- Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 -- Mouse: Corsair M65 -- Keyboard: Func KB 460 MX Blue -- Sound: Motu M2 -> THX 789 -> DT880 600Ω -- Mic: RØDE NT1-A

Spoiler

RIG 2: Intel i5-8400, 16 GB RAM, RTX 2070S

Spoiler

Officially no way as the ones that do support it use a different board. Hp never gave these 7th gen support