Appropriate price for old parts

Jacobplayz

So I'm looking to sell parts from an old PC (HP Envy 700-214), and I need to know what price to sell them at. I also need to know where the best place is to sell them at. Could anyone help me out?

US East

Parts:

i5 4440

450W hp PSU (Standard eff)

4x2 DDR3 @1600

"Don't be sorry, be better"

10 minutes ago, Jacobplayz_YT said:

So I'm looking to sell parts from an old PC (HP Envy 700-214), and I need to know what price to sell them at. I also need to know where the best place is to sell them at. Could anyone help me out?

US East

Parts:

i5 4440

450W hp PSU (Standard eff)

4x2 DDR3 @1600

Best idea is to search the parts individually on ebay and look at recently sold, gather an average and work out the total from there. Also could be a good idea to sell them on somewhere such as Facebook market place since you may be able to get a little more for them 😄

eBay but the only part really worth anything is MAYBE the PSU, if it's a proprietary model then someone else who has one could need it as a replacement. The processor and RAM are only worth selling if you want to spend a bunch of time earning $10.

You don't have the motherboard to go along the Ram and CPU? Because that is usually the most sought after part.

Could be a nice little bundle deal if you can add that, but don't spend (any serious) money on aquireing one.

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

11 minutes ago, Jacobplayz_YT said:

I do, but I don't anyone really wants an old HP mobo
Here it is if it interests you: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03924124

I think you can get a much easier sale for the mobo/cpu/ram set as someone can pick it up for a media center build or a home server. Otherwise you need a buyer who already has a mobo but lacks a cpu and ram, which rarely happens.

I managed to sell my 4690k + mobo + ram quite quickly (although it was a z97 mitx board and 16 gb ram), but my reccomendation would be to look at what cpu+mobo goes for in your area, and offer the set as a bundle. With no knowlegde about local prices id say try getting 50 bucks for it and be willing to go lower. But do a bit of research into what other people want for it and what has not been sold

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

14 minutes ago, DeerDK said:

I think you can get a much easier sale for the mobo/cpu/ram set as someone can pick it up for a media center build or a home server. Otherwise you need a buyer who already has a mobo but lacks a cpu and ram, which rarely happens.

I managed to sell my 4690k + mobo + ram quite quickly (although it was a z97 mitx board and 16 gb ram), but my reccomendation would be to look at what cpu+mobo goes for in your area, and offer the set as a bundle. With no knowlegde about local prices id say try getting 50 bucks for it and be willing to go lower. But do a bit of research into what other people want for it and what has not been sold

Do you think I should sell my case with it too, or sell it seperate? 
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04100558

22 minutes ago, Jacobplayz_YT said:

Hmm, harder to say. I can see arguments for both ways. 

People may decide against it for cosmetical reasons, or go for at cheap full package that they can throw a cheap 2. Hand gpu in for a budget gaming pc. So I don't know. 

Offer it as an add on? 

Unless you need it yourself? 

1 minute ago, DeerDK said:

Unless you need it yourself? 

I don't really need it because I am getting a different one

33 minutes ago, Jacobplayz_YT said:

I'd say you'll have a better chance just selling the full box, as some parts may be proprietary and hard to match with other parts, and the PC is quite old at this point. The fact that it's a plug-and-play computer can be attractive to someone wanting to experiment on cheap hardware, set up pfsense router, HTPC, or even a basic computer for a child, everyday use, etc. 

If you go piece by piece, maybe some of them will move quicker 6 but most will remain with you. 

40 minutes ago, Jacobplayz_YT said:

I don't really need it because I am getting a different one

I agree with the rest 

See if you unload the whole thing in one go

57 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I'd say you'll have a better chance just selling the full box

Yeah I probably should have thought of that in the first place

28 minutes ago, DeerDK said:

See if you unload the whole thing in one go

Do you think if I could stick a cheap GPU from eBay or something in there it would help me sell it?

It also runs on a hard drive instead of an ssd so is that doing to be a problem?

Plus I don't even have one for It anymore because it got destroyed

2 minutes ago, Jacobplayz_YT said:

Yeah I probably should have thought of that in the first place

Do you think if I could stick a cheap GPU from eBay or something in there it would help me sell it?

I wouldn't do it as a first try. No reason to invest money into it. If you can't get it sold you can always try, as it attracts a different type of buyers. 

1 minute ago, Jacobplayz_YT said:

It also runs on a hard drive instead of an ssd so is that doing to be a problem?

Plus I don't even have one for It anymore because it got destroyed

Does it have a working harddri and works as is? 

7 minutes ago, DeerDK said:

Does it have a working harddri and works as is? 

No it doesn't

the computer itself worked before I took out the hard drive

27 minutes ago, Jacobplayz_YT said:

No it doesn't

I also have a monitor too if that helps

In that case I would not spend money on making it run again. Just try to sell it with the appropriate notes on what it's lacking. 

Otherwise you may end up spending too much on parts. 

Regarding the monitor. It's the same question, do you need it? If not, sure, sell it, but no reason to sell something if it means you have to go out and replace it

13 minutes ago, DeerDK said:

Regarding the monitor. It's the same question, do you need it? If not, sure, sell it, but no reason to sell something if it means you have to go out and replace it

I don't really need it  because i have a new one, but would it be better to sell it seperate, or its fine as a bundle? 

2 minutes ago, Jacobplayz_YT said:

I don't really need it  because i have a new one, but would it be better to sell it seperate, or its fine as a bundle? 

Go for the bundle. You may get a little less pr part, but I totally agree SpaceGhost, you are better off getting it sold in one go

2 hours ago, Jacobplayz_YT said:

The monitor is autonomous enough to sell separately. You can always offer the pair as a deal but let people buy just the screen of just the box if that's what they want (I assume the monitor is nothing special).