PC BEEPING AFTER INSTALLING NEW CPU FAN

Hello, My PC keeps doing a sharp beep that rings my ears, This started after I installed a new CPU fan because my other one was too low powered and was being over worked and kept crashing my game. I don't know what the problem is exactly. everything is working perfectly fine in the pc and it runs better than it did but there is just that ringing now and i even went into my bios to turn off CPU fail warning sound but it still makes that noise i don't know what else it could be the beep sounds 1 beep every 5 seconds. 

PC components

Processor -  Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 MHz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)

Motherboard  -  MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC (MS-7B50)

32 GB RAM

CPU Cooler - Phantom Spirit 120 SE

Fan- Corsair LL Series LL120 RGB 120mm Dual Light Loop RGB LED PWM Fan Single Pack (CO-9050071-WW)

PC Case- 275R Airflow Tempered Glass

Did you make sure to plug the new fan into the CPU fan header on the motherboard?

In particular, is it plugged into this fan header at the top of the board to the right of the CPU socket?

image.thumb.png.eaa71f6db66d54df8ee1a764383146be.png

If it's plugged into one of the headers on the right side past the RAM, then your system will think there's no CPU fan installed.

8 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

Did you make sure to plug the new fan into the CPU fan header on the motherboard?

In particular, is it plugged into this fan header at the top of the board to the right of the CPU socket?

image.thumb.png.eaa71f6db66d54df8ee1a764383146be.png

If it's plugged into one of the headers on the right side past the RAM, then your system will think there's no CPU fan installed.

Yes it is plugged into that exact one.Also since my new cooler uses 2 fans it did come with a splitter so I could use both fans with the one port.

30 minutes ago, tazmanian said:

Hello, My PC keeps doing a sharp beep that rings my ears, This started after I installed a new CPU fan because my other one was too low powered and was being over worked and kept crashing my game. I don't know what the problem is exactly. everything is working perfectly fine in the pc and it runs better than it did but there is just that ringing now and i even went into my bios to turn off CPU fail warning sound but it still makes that noise i don't know what else it could be the beep sounds 1 beep every 5 seconds. 

PC components

Processor -  Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 MHz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)

Motherboard  -  MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC (MS-7B50)

32 GB RAM

CPU Cooler - Phantom Spirit 120 SE

Fan- Corsair LL Series LL120 RGB 120mm Dual Light Loop RGB LED PWM Fan Single Pack (CO-9050071-WW)

PC Case- 275R Airflow Tempered Glass

This is the noise it makes and my fan doesn’t sound like that I just had to turn it on it’s side to get the noise clearly

have you checked that the fans are reporting RPMs in the bios?      Also I couldn't hear any beep in your recording ?? just a pretty loud sounding fan?     Try taking splitter out of equation plug one of the fans (front fan).. and take splitter out... then either plug the 2nd fan into another header or just leave it unplugged for testing..see if that changes anything?

also see if something like HWMonitor is show cpu fan rpms in windows?

14 minutes ago, atarione said:

have you checked that the fans are reporting RPMs in the bios?      Also I couldn't hear any beep in your recording ?? just a pretty loud sounding fan?     Try taking splitter out of equation plug one of the fans (front fan).. and take splitter out... then either plug the 2nd fan into another header or just leave it unplugged for testing..see if that changes anything?

also see if something like HWMonitor is show cpu fan rpms in windows?

sorry ignore the txt file and i will try to mess with the wiring to test out