Laptop panel upgrade💻

Go to solution Solved by powertoys,

Double check that 1000-nit panel. I have a strong suspicion that this is the "Sure View" screen, the one with a privacy filter built-in that compromises viewing angles even when it's turned off.

Honestly 500 nits is more than enough for nearly everyone, do you really need more than that? It's way better to chase color gamut than brightness.

Hello Friends, I am looking to upgrade my laptop's panel (my laptop is Lenovo ThinkBook 15 IML 20RW/ my current panel is NT156FHM-N61) and i have found two of best options are

1-M156NVF6 R1 has 1000 Nits and 2000:1 Contrast ratio and 71% NTSC 100%sRGB 74% DCI-P3

2-N156HCA-GA4 has 500 Nits and 1000:1 Contrast ratio but 96% NTSC 100%sRGB 100% DCI-P3 and Anti-glare

and they are both 1080p IPS and 60hz

and there also other options that are in between such has having 1500:0 contrast ratio but still only 100%sRGB and 470 nits 

And I am looking for the panel that provide most enjoyable/engaging visual experience for web browsing and entertainment such  Youtube videos and Gaming

And just to note I had very mixed views from people I have asked them about this topic 

Give me your thoughts friends to make the final purchase decision

Thank for Reading 🙏

do you anything higher than 1000:1 is useless or non-beneficial?

Double check that 1000-nit panel. I have a strong suspicion that this is the "Sure View" screen, the one with a privacy filter built-in that compromises viewing angles even when it's turned off.

Honestly 500 nits is more than enough for nearly everyone, do you really need more than that? It's way better to chase color gamut than brightness.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/1/2023 at 12:37 AM, powertoys said:

Thanks powertoys for replaying i had purchased the GA4 /but i have seen another option which is  N156HCE-EN2 which is the GA4 but with 300 nits and 8bit instead of the 6bit+FRC on the GA4/ 1-looking back was the EN2 a better option? 2-and would i notice the difference between 8bit 16.7 mil colours and the 6bit+FRC 16.2 mil colours?