Phone Unlocking

OGFatal

So I said I would unlock my sisters Iphone for her going away to live abroad, I've had a look and can't seem to find any trustworthy videos. I'm a big android guy and I don't know much about Iphone as I do android. Does anyone have any helpful tutorials for the unlocking of the Iphone 4S? If so thank you very much!

Case: Carbide 300R

CPU: i5 4690K @ 3.90GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3

Mobo: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming

GPU: R9 290 Tri-X

PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA NEX650G

Storage: 4TB NAS

Drive 1: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM

Drive 2: WD 500gb 7200RPM

Keyboard: Vengeance K50

Headset: Vengeance 1500 V2

Mouse: R.A.T 5

Monitor: LG 24EN33

Has to be done on Apple's server, some people can have it done for a fee or the network will charge you probably a bit more to request an unlock. After unlocking is completed you 'sync' the phone with iTunes and the server will unlock it.

There is no way of user unlocking an iPhone without a jailbreak or paying for the remote server unlock.

There are a lot of people selling unlock services on eBay, these are network specific and some of them take a while as they put batches through at a time and don't have access to the server at all times.

If you want to go the jailbreak way there are numerous tutorials available online, but maintaining OTA update support and iTunes sync can be a PITA that way.

Has to be done on Apple's server, some people can have it done for a fee or the network will charge you probably a bit more to request an unlock. After unlocking is completed you 'sync' the phone with iTunes and the server will unlock it.

There is no way of user unlocking an iPhone without a jailbreak or paying for the remote server unlock.

There are a lot of people selling unlock services on eBay, these are network specific and some of them take a while as they put batches through at a time and don't have access to the server at all times.

If you want to go the jailbreak way there are numerous tutorials available online, but maintaining OTA update support and iTunes sync can be a PITA that way.

Yes, she wants to put another sim in it after unlocking. So will it be alright if I jailbreak it and will it unlock it if I jailbreak.

Yes, she wants to put another sim in it after unlocking. So will it be alright if I jailbreak it and will it unlock it if I jailbreak.

It isn't unlocked immediately as a result of a jailbreak, there's slightly more to it.

Google for untethered jailbreak/unlock tuts for the device, just as a word of advice iPhone hax requires more messing about than rooting a droid. ;)

Expect the jailbreak tools to be similar to say Wugfresh though.

It isn't unlocked immediately as a result of a jailbreak, there's slightly more to it.

Google for untethered jailbreak/unlock tuts for the device, just as a word of advice iPhone hax requires more messing about than rooting a droid. ;)

Expect the jailbreak tools to be similar to say Wugfresh though.

Is there a step by step guide you could give me in message? :P

Is there a step by step guide you could give me in message? :P

No, I'm a droid user, I know what you have to do with an iPhone but I haven't done it myself since iPhone 4 so can't instruct you on how.

Just Google and read up a bit, or pay for a remote unlock, those are the options you have, if it were me I'd pay for the unlock because it is worth less than my time messing about with it, and the paid unlock is permanent. :)

• 1 month later...

So I said I would unlock my sisters Iphone for her going away to live abroad, I've had a look and can't seem to find any trustworthy videos. I'm a big android guy and I don't know much about Iphone as I do android. Does anyone have any helpful tutorials for the unlocking of the Iphone 4S? If so thank you very much!

You can get your iPhone4S unlocked from Network lock using Remote unlocking method. Which is the safe and secure method to unlock iPhone. You can get this service at low cost from ProUnlocking.com  here you need to specify your country, Network name to which it is locked, IMEI number of your iPhone. Here  they unlock your iphone using latest versions of iTunes. This is permanent unlocking solution iPhone. Both upgrading and downgrading will not lock your iPhone again.