Steamdeck + Nextdock

I need help with quite a specific issue...

I have a steamdeck (love it) and a nextdock (kind of like it). My idea when buying the nextdock was to use it to play with my steamdeck and do some work on my phone.

My issue is that when I plug my steamdeck into the Nextdock it won't charge fast enough so it will slowly discharge... Ideally I would connect 2 cables to my steamdeck with some type of splitter, one USB c for charge and one USB c for the nextdock.

I've tried using a USB c Hub but it wouldn't pass video to the nextdock. Connecting a USB charger to the hub and a HDMI to the nextdock will give me image but won't allow me to use the keyboard and mouse... so it's kind of pointless...

Anyway, if anyone knows a way to solve it :)or has any questions, let me know

1 hour ago, Billy-Ray said:

I need help with quite a specific issue...

I have a steamdeck (love it) and a nextdock (kind of like it). My idea when buying the nextdock was to use it to play with my steamdeck and do some work on my phone.

My issue is that when I plug my steamdeck into the Nextdock it won't charge fast enough so it will slowly discharge... Ideally I would connect 2 cables to my steamdeck with some type of splitter, one USB c for charge and one USB c for the nextdock.

I've tried using a USB c Hub but it wouldn't pass video to the nextdock. Connecting a USB charger to the hub and a HDMI to the nextdock will give me image but won't allow me to use the keyboard and mouse... so it's kind of pointless...

Anyway, if anyone knows a way to solve it :)or has any questions, let me know

Nexdock does not charge properly due to a 40w throughput. Second link someone mentions it. I don't know if their are different models/versions of the Nexdock.

I searched Reddit and found a post with a slightly similar issue on steamdeck and Nexdock. First link.

Second link.

1 hour ago, silencer12 said:

Nexdock does not charge properly due to a 40w throughput. Second link someone mentions it. I don't know if their are different models/versions of the Nexdock.

I searched Reddit and found a post with a slightly similar issue on steamdeck and Nexdock. First link.

Second link.

Reading the first reddit post, it seems like what I need is the: https://www.newegg.com/p/0SB-03VG-00008

Once I get it I'll check if it does what I need