pc help

hey there i have created this pc on  pc part picker and was woundering if there is any thing that i could change about it

https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/yzjgbL 

cpu: ryzen 5 5500

gpu: rx 6600

storage: 2tb team group

cpu cooler: deep cool ag400 bk argb

thermal compound: grizzly 1g

motherboard: gigabyte b550m k micro atx

ram: 2x8gb team group ddr4 3200

case: thermaltake s200 argb mid tower case

psu: deepcool pf650 650 watt 230v 80 +

software: windows 11

wifi: TP-Link TL-WN881ND

monitor: Dell P2018H 20.0" 1600 x 900 60 Hz Monitor

4 minutes ago, Redpandaitscody said:

cpu: ryzen 5 5500

Since the 5500 is very similar in performance to a Ryzen 5 3600, I would suggest looking at a used Ryzen 5 3600 on eBay or something, could save some money.

With the money saved, you might opt to get a full ATX motherboard with some more features, possibly even with built in wifi
https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/product/MfZ9TW/msi-mag-b550-tomahawk-max-wifi-atx-am4-motherboard-mag-b550-tomahawk-max-wifi

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Make sure that RAM is one of the supported memory models for the motherboard...it''s on the motherboard's website under "support." Better chance the XMP profile will work than if you use a model not on that list - afaik.

XMP is an overclock of the memory to make it go faster - however it's become so commonplace that when you buy RAM, the advertised speed is with an XMP profile they've loaded onto the memory. I.E. it won't reach that speed unless you tell it to overclock - which is very simple but overclocking can be a gamble on how well the product  was manufactured. Better to play it safe and buy a model that was tested on the motherboard, so you know when you turn XMP on it should run like normal and fine 🙂

I took a quick glance at that large spreadsheet, and I tried to ctrl-F the model and it didn't come up. But you might double check more thoroughly

You're also buying an expensive m.2, but it's only pcie 3.0 when you have 4.0 slots. Not a huge deal, plenty fast. But might as well get the pcie 4.0 right?

Shipping sucks

I don't know if I can or can't give you specific links but there are much cheaper ways to get windows 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

6 hours ago, Redpandaitscody said:

pf650

no. At this rock bottom budget i can realistically only recommend Corsair CV line, Thermaltake GX Gold, or MSI A-BN line.

5 hours ago, GSTARR said:

Make sure that RAM is one of the supported memory models for the motherboard

QVL is largely irrelevant after like 1-2 years of a platform launch because by then the profile should be easily recognizable on each stick and run stable. It largely doesn't matter in AM4 now, I've run T-Create Expert on XMP on 4 stick configuration for a while now and its been very stable.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($239.00 @ Computer Lounge) 
Motherboard: MSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($199.00 @ 1stWave Technologies) 
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Create Expert 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($115.26 @ Paradigm PCs) 
Storage: TEAMGROUP MP44L 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($161.00 @ 1stWave Technologies) 
Video Card: MSI MECH 2X OC Radeon RX 6650 XT 8 GB Video Card  ($506.00 @ Newegg New Zealand) 
Case: Silverstone PS15 PRO MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($91.46 @ Paradigm PCs) 
Power Supply: MSI MAG A650BN 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($95.00 @ 1stWave Technologies) 
Monitor: ViewSonic VX2418-P-MHD 24.0" 1920 x 1080 165 Hz Monitor  ($279.00 @ Computer Lounge) 
Total: $1685.72
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-10-22 18:00 NZDT+1300

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

On 10/22/2023 at 1:00 AM, SorryBella said:

QVL is largely irrelevant after like 1-2 years of a platform launch because by then the profile should be easily recognizable on each stick and run stable. It largely doesn't matter in AM4 now, I've run T-Create Expert on XMP on 4 stick configuration for a while now and its been very stable.

Would you mind explaining more? I have some 3200Mhz ram (obviously only 3200 w/ XMP enabled) but cannot get it to work with my AM4 platform - the only thing I can guess prior to giving up and claiming silicon lottery is that it's because the specific memory modules aren't listed as confirmed to work with the motherboard.

Seems highly unlucky I couldn't get an XMP profile to run on two different platforms now, as my old x99 couldn't achieve a normal XMP profile either.

Shipping sucks

1 hour ago, GSTARR said:

but cannot get it to work with my AM4 platform

Specific RAM models?

BIOS version? Board model?

But really D.O.C.P can be pretty laughable at times, and XMP being poor at X99 is kinda expected.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

9 hours ago, SorryBella said:

Specific RAM models?

BIOS version? Board model?

But really D.O.C.P can be pretty laughable at times, and XMP being poor at X99 is kinda expected.

I purchased the microcenter bundle

Ram: F4-3200C16D-16GVKB

Mobo: ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus WiFi II

BIOS: 3404 (Newest, as I thought updating might fix the issue)

Curious to see what you say, I just game so I dont think 2133 -> 3200 will be noticeable, just an annoying issue that I think I shouldnt have.

Shipping sucks