Smallest ATX case at most reasonable price? Where did Riotoro go?

mr cheese

Hey there, I have a system with an i7-9700k and no dGPU that I got for free and use for hosting game servers (8c8th leaves much to be desired but it's fast for me. anyways...) It came in this massive and ugly GAMDIAS case that I need to get rid of so I can downsize. No frills needed here as it will sit in a corner.

I am looking for something that:

• is full ATX
  • is reasonably priced ($80-100 if possible)
  • has no tempered glass
  • and fits a Hyper 212 EVO

I had asked my friend @jaslion (hi!) which cases they recommend and they recommended the RIOTORO CR 1080. Amazing fit with the size, lack of features and glass, and price. However, it is sold out. as is the CR1088... and as is the CR488. In the same vein, the newer case they offer, the MORPHEUS, ...is expensive, thick, and a dust magnet for being on the floor. I wanted to see if there were any other cases of a similar spec, size, and criteria that were available for purchase (in the NA market anyway or able to be shipped for reasonable prices). 

Thanks in advance!

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

26 minutes ago, mr cheese said:

Hey there, I have a system with an i7-9700k and no dGPU that I got for free and use for hosting game servers (8c8th leaves much to be desired but it's fast for me. anyways...) It came in this massive and ugly GAMDIAS case that I need to get rid of so I can downsize. No frills needed here as it will sit in a corner.

I am looking for something that:

• is full ATX
  • is reasonably priced ($80-100 if possible)
  • has no tempered glass
  • and fits a Hyper 212 EVO

I had asked my friend @jaslion (hi!) which cases they recommend and they recommended the RIOTORO CR 1080. Amazing fit with the size, lack of features and glass, and price. However, it is sold out. as is the CR1088... and as is the CR488. In the same vein, the newer case they offer, the MORPHEUS, ...is expensive, thick, and a dust magnet for being on the floor. I wanted to see if there were any other cases of a similar spec, size, and criteria that were available for purchase (in the NA market anyway or able to be shipped for reasonable prices). 

Thanks in advance!

is height a problem or is it just width?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

You could take a look at the ComEZ Classico ATX case. Remove the HDD bays and you'll have tons of space. It's no frills for under $80. I reviewed it at my own cost and it's sturdy. You may not like the front I/O though. 

Edited by RevGAM
Corrected typo of price

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

4 hours ago, RevGAM said:

You could take a look at the ComEZ Classico ATX case. Remove the HDD bays and you'll have tons of space. It's no frills for under $8. I reviewed it at my own cost and it's sturdy. You may not like the front I/O though. 

EIGHT DOLLARS?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

11 hours ago, Failure 101 said:

is height a problem or is it just width?

it is a how-can-we-make-it-as-small-as-possible problem. Don't need or want it big.

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

5 hours ago, RevGAM said:

You could take a look at the ComEZ Classico ATX case.

Which one? Seems they have a of options... all of them big mid-full towers

1 hour ago, Failure 101 said:

EIGHT DOLLARS?

Dang it. <$80

11 minutes ago, mr cheese said:

Which one? Seems they have a of options... all of them big mid-full towers

I saw some that were smaller in ebay.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

36 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

I saw some that were smaller in ebay.

Which ones?

38 minutes ago, mr cheese said:

Which ones?

I'll have to look. If you want small, there's the Thermaltake Core V2.