motherboard question

sinki

i am looking to upgrade my motherboard from am4 to am4 and i am looking at mis pro x670-p wifi

has i have heard that if i want to go for the 9 7900X3D type cpu and i need to update the bios first so it can work properly, and the second one is sins it has a bios flashback button i have also hear that so long it has one i can put in a sub with bios update file and update the motheboard without a cpu in it

X670 mobos work with Ryzen 7000 out of the box. But obviously since it's a 7900X3D, you'll need to upgrade the bios as soon as possible to prevent voltage issues.

12 minutes ago, sinki said:

i am looking to upgrade my motherboard from am4 to am4 and i am looking at mis pro x670-p wifi

has i have heard that if i want to go for the 9 7900X3D type cpu and i need to update the bios first so it can work properly, and the second one is sins it has a bios flashback button i have also hear that so long it has one i can put in a sub with bios update file and update the motheboard without a cpu in it

Yes, on motherboards with BIOS flashback option you can update the BIOS without the CPU, RAM and GPU installed.
The MSI Pro X670-P will support the 7000 X3D out of the box but updating the BIOS is recommended.

The MSI Pro X670-P does come with a BIOS flashback button so you just put the USB in the selected BIOS USB port at the back and press the BIOS button, you wait for the light to stop blinking ( Can take up to 5 minutes ). After this, the BIOS will be updated 🙂 Always check the BIOS when turning on the PC if the BIOS version is correct.