good keyboard with full anti-ghosting on arrows keys

sergelac

i need a new keyboard with anti-ghosting on arrows keys (pressing at least 3 arrow key at the same time)

i have a Microsoft Sidewinder X4, it still works but the arrows keys are so used, they are almost gone

i also have the Logitech internet 350, but i does not have any macro key

I would like everyone to test their keyboard and tell me what model it is if it pass the anti-ghosting test (only if it has a keypad)

there is many online test, 1 of them : https://keyboard-test.space/

in LTT videos, they review mostly keyboards without keypad recently, these keyboards are all worthless to me

My random cheap wireless Logitech office keyboard keeps track of all 4 arrow keys perfectly no matter what you hold. I doubt you'll run into too many issues here with good keyboards.

about 15 years ago, I bought 4 other keyboards before finding the Sidewinder X4.

3 of them did not pass.

1 of them had a very bad spacebar that only work when pressed in the middle

I have a cheap California access lizard CA1415HQ. It is a very cheap (about 30eur) mechanical keyboard. It is decent overall but lacking in the build quality department. It passed the test easily, it has actual good anti-ghosting, no matter how many keys i press it will work.

all the full size keyboard i found with macro keys on the left under 300 $

90 $ Corsair K55 PRO
 90 $ Patriot Viper V770
110 $ Corsair K55 PRO XT
130 $ EVGA Z20
180 $ Razer BlackWidow V4 X
230 $ Logitech G815
230 $ Razer BlackWidow V4
280 $ Corsair K100
290 $ Corsair K95 PLATINUM XT

don't know if any of them have anti-ghosting or a good spacebar

Don't most mechanical keyboards have anti-ghosting?

My NuPhy Halo 75 detects the entire alpha set and arrow keys at the same time. They sell a Halo96 version if you want a NumPad.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

What requirements for a keyboard do you have?

• Budget
  • region / vendors available
  • language? ANSI/ISO layout
  • Wired, wireless, don't care?
  • size? 100% or smaller?

In any case, don't pay extra for gaming stuff unless you really need the latency some (not all though) of them offer. And look for hotswap if you can

17 hours ago, GarlicDeliverySystem said:

What requirements for a keyboard do you have?

budget : 300 CAN

vendors in my city : "Canada Computers", Best Buy, "The source", or newegg.ca or Amazon.ca

Language : english (only standard US layout) like this : image, no weird layout like this : image

normal size enter key with backslash key on top, no big enter key like this : image

Wired only

size : full size with keypad on the right (not detachable or no extra space between right arrow and keypad-0) and macro keys to launch programs

edit:

i saw the Corsair K55 PRO XT, it's not as good as the Sidewinder X4 but it does the job,

software seems ok, the wrist rest attachment seems fragile

Probably any of Keychron's offerings should work for you: keychron.ca

Most gaming brands also have 100% keyboards (aka full-size with the regular layout and no shuffling around of arrow cluster etc.), but unless they are also hotswap and use cherry MX compatible switches I would stay away. Simple reason is that once a keyswitch goes bad, you can just replace it by a new one without soldering or buying a whole new keyboard.

It also allows you to experiment with different switches more easily, as you can just swap them out on your existing board instead of having to go with a new board every time.

Unfortunately, most other affordable custom board manufacturers seem to have forgotten that 100% board enthusiasts exist, so the options are limited there. Ducky is another good one, though make sure you get one of the newer hotswap ones.

2 hours ago, GarlicDeliverySystem said:

Probably any of Keychron's offerings should work for you: keychron.ca

Ducky is another good one, though make sure you get one of the newer hotswap ones.

the Keychron V6 Knob (non-transparent) look nice

i don't like the wood wrist rest and it does not attach to the keyboard.

there is a resin version (not for the V6) but it does not attach to the keyboard either.

there is no software for Ducky One 3 ?

so cannot launch a program with a key

i don't know anything about switches, except that i don't like clicky, should i go with red or brown ?

20 minutes ago, sergelac said:

there is a resin version (not for the V6) but it does not attach to the keyboard either.

there is no software for Ducky One 3 ?

so cannot launch a program with a key

i don't know anything about switches, should i go with red or brown ?

Do you prefer feeling a bump when you press key or not ?
If not : Red
If yes : Brown.

image.thumb.png.ac107c798baae881e6b972fe724594c1.png

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

17 minutes ago, sergelac said:

the wrist rests are not specific to the model of the board really, more to the length of the board. the Q5 / L3 are pretty close in length I would assume, so that should work in practice. Wouldn't look as neat though.

Keychron's palm rests don't attach, but I had no issues with them moving as at least the wood version comes with pretty grippy rubber pads. Only thing to mention is the less than perfect track record: of the three units I bought over time, one was warped out of the box and the lower side had an imperfect finish. Likely a bad run or something, I don't mind too much but thought to put that out here. The other two are quite neat, straight, and have a nice finish overall.

Switches is whole new thing, but that is why you really should go with hotswap: even if you don't end up liking them, you can swap them out for about ~25USD, instead of buying a new keyboard.

3 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

If not : Red

If given the choice I would always prefer yellows over reds. I have heard it plenty of times now that for a lot of people reds are too light and they often felt like mistyping, yellows were almost always preferred.

But switches is really a rabbit hole of its own, recently I started thinking about the difference between not only operating force of linears (e.g. the 50g for yellows) but also the slope. G Pro 2.0 yellow and Oil Kings should have the same operating force, but they do feel quite different. Then I realized the oil kings have an apparently longer spring, meaning the line is almost flat (i.e. going form 45-55) instead of being steeper for the G Pro 2.0 (i.e. 40 to 60). Numbers are just for illustration, but I think you get the idea.

Just now, GarlicDeliverySystem said:

If given the choice I would always prefer yellows over reds. I have heard it plenty of times now that for a lot of people reds are too light and they often felt like mistyping, yellows were almost always preferred.

But switches is really a rabbit hole of its own, recently I started thinking about the difference between not only operating force of linears (e.g. the 50g for yellows) but also the slope. G Pro 2.0 yellow and Oil Kings should have the same operating force, but they do feel quite different. Then I realized the oil kings have an apparently longer spring, meaning the line is almost flat (i.e. going form 45-55) instead of being steeper for the G Pro 2.0 (i.e. 40 to 60). Numbers are just for illustration, but I think you get the idea.

Well. Not like I ever used Keychron's switches before. So I wouldn't know.
At the very least Red & Brown is kinda almost feel the same between brands I think, which is a safe choice especially for peoples who just got into mechanical.

That and I assumed OP was asking based on 3 different type of switches on Keychron's V6 page, and the blue is sold out.

For me, best switch for self needs to be found out by own self. 😅

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.