PC Stuck in CHKDSK Loop After Boot Failure, Multiple Unreadable File Record Segments Detected

Niqaq

Hello everyone,

I'm facing a troubling issue with my PC and desperately need some advice. 

Initially, my PC wouldn't turn on and got stuck at a black screen with a white spinning circle. After force restarting it three times, I managed to access the troubleshooting options. Upon investigating, I came across a recommendation to run a disk check as there might be corruption issues with my disk. So, I ran CHKDSK and now I'm in a bit of a pickle.

Here's a snippet of the CHKDSK output:

File record segment 9C6F8 is unreadable.

File record segment 9C6F9 is unreadable.

File record segment 9C822 is unreadable.

File record segment 9C823 is unreadable.

The CHKDSK process has been running for almost 24 hours now. Initially, the ETA was around 30 second, but it keeps climbing and is now showing 100+ hours. 

The progress was stuck at 48% for a long time but moved a bit after a while to 49 I think,. Additionally, I attempted to run `sfc /scannow` but encountered an error stating "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation."

I'm currently stuck in the recovery environment and unable to boot into regular Windows. 

I'm fearing the worst for my hard drive and am unsure of how to proceed.

Would replacing the hard drive be the most viable solution at this point? Is there any other troubleshooting step that I might have missed or any utility/tool that could help diagnose or fix this issue? Any insights or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much in advance!

PXL_20231004_180315810.jpg

usually just wait until it's done since it has to restructure the disk.. redirect the broken sectors etc.. 

or get another disk.