New PC Build Issues

MRC_PR

Hi Team, I need some advise!

My first time building a new PC, everything is working fine, but after few hours it start freezing, usually using regular applications such google, emails, YouTube, MS Office. I used for gaming a couple time, but during the used on gaming run fine and the issue is not presented.

When I start playing games such (halo infinite, MW2, PUBG), always the gpu is running close or at 100% utilization. I try downgrade settings but it still running close to 100. After few days the gpu start making noise (coil whine), the gpu was new with few weeks and I was able to changed, but after replaced with the other new gpu (same brand and model - Asrock 6800xt) I’m presenting the coil whine again, totally frustrated. Not sure if the gpu is pushed to the limits with the setting that I’m using but very disappointed, because I diside to try and pass thru the experience, also saving some bucks the issues still happening. 

After change the gpu I did some changes from, cooler tower to AIO, cpu 5700x to 5800x and after that it was the issues of freezing the pc.

I was searching for other gpu (7800xt) since I believe that I’m able to change it or ask for refund, but not sure if worth it… I saw few brands on Newegg but not sure if they are good as well (sapphire, XFX,power color). 

what would be the best option or what is recommended in this situation?

Specs:

• CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x

• Graphics: Asrock RX 6800 XT (RX6800XT PGD 16GO)

• RAM: Kingston FURY Renegade RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800)

• Mortherboard: ASRock B550M Pro4

• SSD: Team Group MP34 M.2 2280 1TB PCIe 3.0 x4 with NVMe 1.3 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

• PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower GF A3 ATX 3.0 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular SLI/Crossfile Ready Power Supply; PCIe Gen.5 450W 12VHPWR

• CPU cooler: MSI MAG Series CORELIQUID P240 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler

• System type:  64-bit operating system, x64-based processor / Windows home 10pro

Sorry if I've missed anything! Happy to share any other details I may have missed.

2 hours ago, MRC_PR said:

always the gpu is running close or at 100% utilization. I try downgrade settings but it still running close to 100. After few days the gpu start making noise (coil whine), the gpu was new with few weeks and I was able to changed, but after replaced with the other new gpu (same brand and model - Asrock 6800xt) I’m presenting the coil whine again, totally frustrated.

That should be good no? Don't you want to be at a GPU bottleneck so get 100% for what you paid for?

Coil whine as far as I know is actually corresponds to having too much FPS (don't know how that related to hardware but correlates) so you could try setting an FPS limit. GPU coil whine is on all GPUs, just depends on 2 things, how good your hearing is and luck (or lack of here) of getting a GPU more prone to making coil whine.

First I'd recommend using something like HWUnboxed to see if everything is running as it should be. Followed by 3DMark and begrudgingly userbenchmark, userbenchmark merely to see if your own parts are running within spec of the others and aren't underperforming. Ignore the comparison against other parts because userbenchmarks are unoptimized with the best benefit of the doubt.

If everything is running well then benchark your own stuff live with things like Intel's GPU Busy and Radeons live charts themselves. Might spot a pattern where something lags out and a spike in the charts. Such as reaching a certain temperature and performance drops off.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker