Event error 1002 Made Me Return Build

Myk3

I recently have tried to do a full amd build with the new 7800x3d for Rust since that's my main game. Every time I play it could be within 2 minutes or 3 hours my game would crash with event error 1002. I have spent over 50 hours troubleshooting and have given up and disassembled everything and got a refund. I have legit tried everything to my knowledge and have had help from multiple IT techs and AMD forums to get this game to be stable. The list goes on forever but it seems like there is a problem with the CPU or MOBO itself as I couldn't think of anything more to try to remedy this situation. If anyone could provide me some insight on why this error was happening I would appreciate it. Even though the build is returned I still would like to learn from this. I know the GPU is good because I have used it in my old build and am now back to the old build with the card running fine. I'm going to be switching to a i7 13700k and gigabyte z790 Gaming X AX in hopes of stability and not running into niche problems like this.   

Msi Mag b650 Tomahawk Wifi

Ryzen 7800x3d

Samsung 980 Pro

Corsair Vengeance 6000mhz DDR5 (On QVL) / Trident Gskill 6000mhz DDR5 (non QVL) neither fixed error 

AsRock 6900xt

1000w Corsair Gold 

https://imgur.com/a/WZcmsJr

Could just be a radeon driver issue or an OS issue. Does the things you've tried include a fresh OS install? Again, it could just be a driver issue. You can try and see if other people have similar issues with the same game and see if reverting to a working driver for it fixes it.

30 minutes ago, Jon-Slow said:

Could just be a radeon driver issue or an OS issue. Does the things you've tried include a fresh OS install? Again, it could just be a driver issue. You can try and see if other people have similar issues with the same game and see if reverting to a working driver for it fixes it.

Tried windows 11 and 10. Tried newest and older gpu drivers. I also tried reinstalling chipset drivers. I tried expo on and off, also manually setting voltages with the help of people from AMD help Reddit. Setting ram speed to run at a lower mhz such as 5200. I tried PBO on and off. I tried disabling onboard gpu. /sfc scannow and dism cleanups also registery repairs. High performance power mode and running Rust as admin. I’m not in any domain on my pc never have been. I have latest bios update. Ran multiple benchmarks and stress tests including userbenchmark, haven unigen, occt, prime95, aida64 and 3dmark. Ram memtest86+ on both sets of ram. Everything passed normally. I can’t seem to find anyone really online with this issue error 1002 to the extent it effected my new build. I do see though if you search “rust crashing” most builds have a AMD cpu. 

I can see you've tried a lot of things, but my workaround would always be to have a secondry drive that I can install a fresh OS on quickly to test. But before that I would just update my BIOS and reset to defalt.

10 minutes ago, Myk3 said:

I do see though if you search “rust crashing” most builds have a AMD cpu. 

I would usually say this could be more of a GPU thing than CPU but that could very well be it too. But I highly doubt that updating and reseting the BIOS with a fresh OS install and a new save game wont reveal/solve the problem to at least give you a start on isolating the problem.

I have had the 6900xt in my old build for over a year with a i7 9700k and asus z390-a, never have experienced crashing like this before so it leads me to think the gpu is okay. I have ran Samsung magician to test my ssd it’s running at max advertised speed with no problem.