Everything Lags While Gaming / Youtube, Twitch & Streaming ONLY While Focused.

Optane^

Hello

When playing a more GPU intensive game, my GPU maxes out at 100%, which I know is how it's supposed to be.

The issue is, when trying to watch a YouTube video, twitch stream or trying to stream myself, the video will lag, ONLY WHEN TABBED & FOCUSED IN THE GAME. If I am alt+tabbed and the GPU is still at 100%, the video or stream doesn't lag.

I didn't used to experience this before (recent fresh W10 install) so I'm not sure what changed. My GPU should be able to handle this. (I only have this issue with GPU based games, GTA ect. But, when playing OW2, more CPU intensive, I don't have this issue)

Also, when trying to stream using HVENC, it will lag the stream when tabbed in, but not tabbed out.

What I've done:

• Bios Update,
  • GPU Driver update w/ DDU.
  • Tried hardware accell in chrome on and off.
  • Turned off GPU Scheduling.

Specs:

• 3090 Ti
  • 32GB Ram

pls help

PC - i7 12700K | EVGA FTW3 3090 | Corsair H150i | ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A | 32GB Corsair Vengance | Lian Li O11 Evo & EVGA 1k PSU

-

If my post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

These are the type of issues I've experienced on and off for years that back in 2014 led me to run all secondary displays from the iGPU, eliminating my problems forever. Are both displays the same refresh rate? 

Run the second display off the 12700k's iGPU and report back. 

3 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

These are the type of issues I've experienced on and off for years that back in 2014 led me to run all secondary displays from the iGPU, eliminating my problems forever. Are both displays the same refresh rate? 

Run the second display off the 12700k's iGPU and report back. 

I have 2 165 hz and 1 144hz. Will try the iGPU tonight. 

PC - i7 12700K | EVGA FTW3 3090 | Corsair H150i | ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A | 32GB Corsair Vengance | Lian Li O11 Evo & EVGA 1k PSU

-

If my post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"