11600k with 4080

Go to solution Solved by jaslion,
4 minutes ago, Vojtess said:

I recon I will bottleneck the GPU but I hope it will not be that significant to push cpu upgrade at the moment because my cpu is still not that old and wanted to seperate the upgrade to more managable time period. 

Will it bottleneck?

Yeah probably. But also as long as you get performance you like just dont give a shit about it and go ahead

Hello, I would like to ask you. 
Next month I was planning to upgrade from 3060ti to 4080 because of my 1440p 165hz monitor. 

However, I got stressed when I saw how much cpu heavy is Cyberpunk Phantom Liberty. So I don’t know If I am not dooming myself to curse of the constant heavy bottleneck in new titles.

Is then 11600k enough for now? I am planning to then go to for example 15700k in 1-2 years.

I have the 11700F and it is fine. People say 11th gen i7 is slower than 13th gen i3 but thats false. It Is a  bottleneck for a 4080 though. 

Intel Core i7 11700F + EVGA FTW3 ULTRA GAMING RTX 3070 OC + 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz RAM + ASROCK Z590 Steel Legend WIFI 6E + Razer Hanbo 360mm AIO + Corsair RM850X + Deepcool CH510 Case + Acer Nitro XV271 280hz Gaming Monitor 

10 minutes ago, Vojtess said:

Hello, I would like to ask you. 
Next month I was planning to upgrade from 3060ti to 4080 because of my 1440p 165hz monitor. 

However, I got stressed when I saw how much cpu heavy is Cyberpunk Phantom Liberty. So I don’t know If I am not dooming myself to curse of the constant heavy bottleneck in new titles.

Is then 11600k enough for now? I am planning to then go to for example 15700k in 1-2 years.

Any CPU struggles in some parts of Night City.  Don't sweat it.  I went from a 10900k to an 11500 and it's not that much worse in the heavier CPU parts of the city.  You'll be getting high 40s at times regardless.  Just means you'll be targeting 60-90fps and turning up the eye candy

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

3 minutes ago, ChonkerFox said:

Any CPU struggles in some parts of Night City.  Don't sweat it.  I went from a 10900k to an 11500 and it's not that much worse in the heavier CPU parts of the city.  You'll be getting high 40s at times regardless.  Just means you'll be targeting 60-90fps and turning up the eye candy

Thank you mate for the reply. You made my day. 

12 minutes ago, HypixelBedwars said:

I have the 11700F and it is fine. People say 11th gen i7 is slower than 13th gen i3 but thats false. It Is a  bottleneck for a 4080 though. 

I recon I will bottleneck the GPU but I hope it will not be that significant to push cpu upgrade at the moment because my cpu is still not that old and wanted to seperate the upgrade to more managable time period. 

4 minutes ago, Vojtess said:

Will it bottleneck?

Yeah probably. But also as long as you get performance you like just dont give a shit about it and go ahead