New samsung G9 "tearing" during use

I've had my Samsung 49" Odyssey OLED G95SC since launch, and I've been having an issue. I've never used an ultrawide before, so this might be user error.

My rig is a i7 10700k, msi rtx 3070ti gaming x, and 32gig ram. windows 10

When using it at 5120x1440 and display port I get real bad, with lack of a better way of putting it, screen tearing. I can be just on a google document or watching a YouTube video, and the screen just starts shacking and tearing. When I'm on HDMI it gives me static every now and again. The strange thing is when I have 2 cables coming off my GPU, one display port and one HDMI, at 2560x1440 it works fine.

I have reset the drivers in safe mode. updated everything. used different display ports, and cables. I don't know what else to try.

Since the screen works fine in Samsung hub, with an xbox hooked up running 2650x1440, and my gpu running two cables and multi-window what could be the problem. Is my 3070ti really not strong enough to run it at native full resolution. Could every cable I have be bad, including the one samsung provides and the main one I use on my 1070ti set up? Or could it be windows 10 being....well windows. If anyone knows what could be going on it would be appreciated.

msi gaming m5 z170, msi gtx 1070 gaming z 8g, I5 6500 cpu, corsair carbide 600c, corsair vengence 32gig