Security issues in my Samba server on a Raspberry pi 4b

I have setup a plex server on a RBPi 4b, which gets its media from a local folder which is network-shared using samba. I created the share using the basic instructions as below:

[Name_of_share]
comment = Additional Hard Drive
Samba Share path = /path/to/new/harddrive
writeable = Yes
create mask = 0777
directory mask = 0777
read only = No
browsable = Yes
public = No

I then set a password using

sudo smbpasswd -a my_username

Now, the issue is that when I access it using Windows File explorer, by mapping it, it asks me for credentials before granting me access which is what I want. However, when I just go on chrome and go to \\IP_of_raspberrypi\Name_of_share, it opens the samba share wiithout asking for any credentials and I am able to read and download all the files effortlessly.
What security setting did I overlook?

1 minute ago, artemiskiss... said:
Now, the issue is that when I access it using Windows File explorer, by mapping it, it asks me for credentials before granting me access which is what I want. However, when I just go on chrome and go to \\IP_of_raspberrypi\Name_of_share, it opens the samba share wiithout asking for any credentials and I am able to read and download all the files effortlessly.
What security setting did I overlook?

Do you have another computer you can try from? Chrome may have connected because you already logged into the share in Windows.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

23 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

Do you have another computer you can try from? Chrome may have connected because you already logged into the share in Windows.

Not at the moment. But that seems like a possibility, in which case I'll try tomorrow on my housemate's PC and see if I can replicate the issue. But thanks for that advice. Never thought about it.