Jump to content

Upcoming first pc build

Budget (including currency): 1000usd

Country: USA

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: gaming valorant, fortnite, siege, csgo

Other details: 

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jTV4dH

 

CPU: Intel Core i7-13700K 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor  ($375.99 @ Amazon) 

CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($31.90 @ Amazon) 

Motherboard: MSI PRO B760-P WIFI DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($149.99 @ Amazon) 

Memory: Silicon Power GAMING 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($48.97 @ Amazon) 

Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($49.99 @ Amazon) 

Video Card: Asus DUAL OC GeForce RTX 4060 8 GB Video Card  ($304.99 @ Amazon) 

Case: Fractal Design Pop Air RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ newegg) 

Power Supply: Corsair RM750e (2023) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Best Buy) 

 

Total: around $1000

 

 

looking for thoughts on if this will be compatible, never built a pc and this is the first one. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, bgrossma said:

CPU: Intel Core i7-13700K 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor  ($375.99 @ Amazon) 

CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($31.90 @ Amazon) 

Motherboard: MSI PRO B760-P WIFI DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($149.99 @ Amazon) 

Memory: Silicon Power GAMING 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($48.97 @ Amazon) 

Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($49.99 @ Amazon) 

Video Card: Asus DUAL OC GeForce RTX 4060 8 GB Video Card  ($304.99 @ Amazon) 

Case: Fractal Design Pop Air RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ newegg) 

Power Supply: Corsair RM750e (2023) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Best Buy) 

 

Total: around $1000

I'd go with a better gpu and I'd get 12th gen

try this build

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-12600K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor  ($214.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Deepcool AG400 75.89 CFM CPU Cooler  ($21.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI PRO B660M-A WIFI DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($149.46 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Silicon Power GAMING 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($29.97 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Crucial P3 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($39.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: PowerColor Red Dragon OC Radeon RX 6800 XT 16 GB Video Card  ($489.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Deepcool CC560 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($66.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 TT Premium 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1123.36
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-09-22 15:26 EDT-0400

 

But I'd also try this nvidia build

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-12600K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor  ($214.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($37.90 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI PRO B660M-A WIFI DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($149.46 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Silicon Power XPOWER Turbine 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($28.97 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Crucial P3 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($39.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Deepcool CC560 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($66.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 TT Premium 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($135.99 @ Newegg) 
Custom: RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio ($430.00)
Total: $1104.28
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-09-22 15:29 EDT-0400

Let's just say I'm part of the kool kids. That's how you spell it right? Wouldn't know. I'm too kool for school  

 

PC Specs: Black on white, Team Red+Green by Filpo - AMD Ryzen 5 5600, GeForce RTX 3060 12GB, Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer ii 280 Mobo: B550 Gaming Plus RAM: 2 x 8 3200mhz LPX  SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X Case: 4000D airflow Fans: 2x Noctua P12 redux 1700, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120 PSU: RM850 Monitor: Samsung C22F Mouse: Logitech G203 Keyboard: Royal Kludge RK61 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

BOO! 👻

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, filpo said:

I'd go with a better gpu and I'd get 12th gen

try this build

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-12600K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor  ($214.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Deepcool AG400 75.89 CFM CPU Cooler  ($21.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI PRO B660M-A WIFI DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($149.46 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Silicon Power GAMING 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($29.97 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Crucial P3 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($39.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: PowerColor Red Dragon OC Radeon RX 6800 XT 16 GB Video Card  ($489.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Deepcool CC560 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($66.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 TT Premium 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1123.36
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-09-22 15:26 EDT-0400

 

But I'd also try this nvidia build

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-12600K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor  ($214.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($37.90 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI PRO B660M-A WIFI DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($149.46 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Silicon Power XPOWER Turbine 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($28.97 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Crucial P3 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($39.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Deepcool CC560 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($66.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 TT Premium 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($135.99 @ Newegg) 
Custom: RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio ($430.00)
Total: $1104.28
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-09-22 15:29 EDT-0400

Thanks, but i also can get this cpu for 225 because i know someone who works at intel, so i thought it would just be a better idea to go for the i7 13700k for 225 instead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bgrossma said:

Thanks, but i also can get this cpu for 225 because i know someone who works at intel, so i thought it would just be a better idea to go for the i7 13700k for 225 instead.

Could you by any chance get the 13700 non k for the same price and then go for the nvidia build? If you can get the 13th gen chip for 225 then get that. But if you do defo get the thermalright peerless assassin

Let's just say I'm part of the kool kids. That's how you spell it right? Wouldn't know. I'm too kool for school  

 

PC Specs: Black on white, Team Red+Green by Filpo - AMD Ryzen 5 5600, GeForce RTX 3060 12GB, Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer ii 280 Mobo: B550 Gaming Plus RAM: 2 x 8 3200mhz LPX  SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X Case: 4000D airflow Fans: 2x Noctua P12 redux 1700, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120 PSU: RM850 Monitor: Samsung C22F Mouse: Logitech G203 Keyboard: Royal Kludge RK61 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

BOO! 👻

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bgrossma said:

Thanks, but i also can get this cpu for 225 because i know someone who works at intel, so i thought it would just be a better idea to go for the i7 13700k for 225 instead.

Maybe lead with that next time 🙂  And update your list to include proper pricing.

 

Allocate the difference to a better GPU.

 

 

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself

 

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7700x (-30 PBO, 5.5 GHz all core) / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh C / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502 - THANK YOU, MICROCENTER for the FREE DDR5 and $629 6900xt!!!!

 

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

 

Raven:  Intel i5 10600K - ASRock H410M-HDV - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2666Mhz - Zotac GTX1070 AMP - Inland 256GB SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27"

 

Plex : Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 

 

 

 

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

 

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×