TKL hotswappable keyboards

kirBi

What are some of the good options for TKL hot-swappable keyboards out there right now?
I can think of Keychron Q3s, GMMKs, and there seems to be a new version of Drop CTRL that just came out, but overall the option seems limited.
Any ideas?

Two revolutionary dance tones

Practically any device that connects via USB is hotswappable, so I'm not really understanding your question.

If you want a hotswappable keyboard, anything on the market that isn't PS/2 will fit the bill. Or are you looking for keyboards without the numpad, but have a numpad accessory that is hotswappable?

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

A few more options

1. Monsgeek M3

2. MONOKEI Standard

3.  Freebird TKL (GB ALERT!)

4. Zoom TKL (currently OOS)

5. FL ESPORTS MK870

22 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Practically any device that connects via USB is hotswappable, so I'm not really understanding your question.

If you want a hotswappable keyboard, anything on the market that isn't PS/2 will fit the bill. Or are you looking for keyboards without the numpad, but have a numpad accessory that is hotswappable?

OP means hot-swappable switches. It's a thing in the mechanical keyboard community. 😄

phone out of service?

give us a call.

17 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

He is referring to the switches, hotswap means they are socketed and not soldered on.

Another option to consider is this: CIDOO v87. I haven't tried it myself, but if the V21 (the numpad only version) is anything to go by this one should be nice as well.

https://epomaker.com/products/cidoo-v87

Overall TKL should be a lot out there, at least compared to full-size which must be about the most uncommon one, ironically.

Ducky One 3 should also be hotswap now, I believe.

9 minutes ago, izz said:

OP means hot-swappable switches. It's a thing in the mechanical keyboard community. 😄

Ah, that would explain it. Thanks 😄

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

There is also PCMK from Pulsar, Mountain their Everest Core, there is also latest Lemokey L3 from Keychron. 

I'm also planning to get a barebones one myself soon.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Oh also... every TKL is hotswappable if you are brave enough =P

Here is my 9~ Year old Filco MT2 TKL (mx-red w/ Vortex PBT keycaps)  The way I did this it is 100% reversible .. but anyways I got some 5Pin JST connectors and a spare usb extenstion cable and made a pig tail how swap cable for the filco.   I had a specific use case in mind or I would have made the pig tail shorter probably.. but whatever it works, and if I want to put it back to stock I just have to reinstall the stock cable.

cable1.jpg

20230921_130107.jpg

cable2.jpg

On 9/19/2023 at 12:35 PM, atarione said:

A few more options

1. Monsgeek M3

2. MONOKEI Standard

3.  Freebird TKL (GB ALERT!)

4. Zoom TKL (currently OOS)

5. FL ESPORTS MK870

Good list, I just want to add the Cidoo V87, wireless, Aluminium case, TKL with a knob.