Delay on in ear bluetooth headphones

Mysterion04

Hi, i have some in ear bluetooth headphones, dont ask me the name from it. I use them when i go outside to listen to spotify on my phone. I bought a bluetooth usb reciver a few days ago for my PC so i can connect my headphones there and can listen to some music or podcast at night. It works fine.. BUT at the weekend i tried to play some Valorant with it, and there is like a half second delay. Which ofc you don't notice when you listen to spotify. And it's almost impossible to play with that delay when you hear your gunshots like a half second later. It confuses to much. Long story short: Is this normal? Or is this fixable?

You need some informations? I have Windows 11

Thanks for the help

Is it normal? yes it is. can it be prevented or if there's a fix? depends. So to prevent or minimized lag/delay, you would need a headset and receiver that's has low latency technology, like aptX or bluetooth 5 or newer. All of them are backward compatible so most of the time, bluetooth received and headhead/headset/earphones would just pair and work, but it does not mean it will support low latency, if one of the device doesn't have the specs for it. So check the specs of your earphone and receiver.