Suggestions on making a DIY Monitor Lightbar?

Gershy13

Hi everyone!

I've wanted to get a monitor lightbar for a while (like the benq screenbar), but I also kind of wanted to build my own, as i wanted to make it have RGBW and wifi (planning to use sk6812 led strips and WLED on an ESP32).

I recently got a 3d printer, so I just need to come up with a design and give it a go.

The thing ive been stuck on is how i could make sure that the light from the led strip doesnt spill out onto the monitor, as well as not having it be so wide that its directly in my eyes.

I know that the strip has a light angle of 120°, i assume i'd need to get it much lower (probably somewhere like 30 or 45? Maybe even lower?). My question is whats the best way to design something that would help narrow the light (that isnt too complex like attempting to use lenses and stuff). So far the only way i can think of (im probably complicating this too much?) is to get some sort of reflective material on the inside at an angle, and face the leds up towards it. Some sort of reflector i presume?

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great!

Thanks

Gershy13

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x + H150i Elite LCD     

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 3600MHz CL16

Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro

GPU: MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3X OC       

SSD 1: Corsair MP600 1tb (Windows)      

SSD 2: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb (Scratch Drive)   

SSD 3: Samsung 860 EVO 250gb

HDD 1: WD Blue 1TB

HDD 2: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Case: NZXT H710

PSU: Corsair TX750M

Mouse: Lamzu Atlantis Pro Mini 4khz

Keyboard: Akko 5075B Plus