A Tutorial on using Furmark?

mgsstar

Is there a tutorial on how to properly use furmark and what settings and time to choose when you are testing out or burning in your new gtx 660ti gpu?

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

• 2 weeks later...
Umm... run it and use MSI afterburner to watch temps there is no real tutorial on how to use FurMark...
So theres no need for me to run Furmark because its too overkill or does msi afterburner have burn in test also? what settings should i set on msiburner?

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Yeah, don't bother with Furmark, all it is good for is finding max temp/power usage.

Heaven Benchmark is what you want, just run everything default once you have it loaded. It's a lot better for stability testing. Runs in a loop and has music.

Yeah, don't bother with Furmark, all it is good for is finding max temp/power usage.

Heaven Benchmark is what you want, just run everything default once you have it loaded. It's a lot better for stability testing. Runs in a loop and has music.

What should I look for in the heaven benchmark for artifacts?

Ohh you'll know when you see it. It looks like crazy lightening in all colors. I'd put an image up but the forum doesn't allow images larger than 2Mb........... Just google, you'll find examples.

Be careful! Don't you dare screw up. I went for a crazy unnecessary OC (1400/1450) on my 7870 and ended up having to re install Windows :[

Ohh you'll know when you see it. It looks like crazy lightening in all colors. I'd put an image up but the forum doesn't allow images larger than 2Mb........... Just google, you'll find examples.
Oh Ok thks!