My monitor won't stay on 10 bpc unless unplugged and plugged in again, won't stay on 120 hz, what to do?

Hi, i really don't know where to seek help so i'm writing here. i hope you guys will be able to help me!

i am running 4 monitors on a gigabyte gaming 4090, previously i used to have a strix 3090 and didn't have this problem, untill the card fried and i had to change it.

my problem consists in being unable to select 10bpc on my main monitor, it's the only monitor running in 4k and it's  an acer predator XB273KGPbmiipprzx. 

On my 3090 things would boot up like normal, the other 3 monitors would be in 1080p 60hz and my main monitor would be in 4k 60hz at 10bpc.

as soon as i switched to this 4090, every monitor boots like normal bar for my main, it goes to 59.997 10 bpc.

This of course wouldn't be a big problem, but as soon as i try to change the refresh rate to 60hz it goes down to 8bpc. and if i try to change the refresh rate to 119,910hz (120 of course) it reverts immediately to 60hz.

This got me wondering if it was a cable problem, but this occured as soon as swapping gpus. i did change the cable after, but it was a problem that already presented itself even without a new cable. 

When i unplug the screen and plug it back again, i am able to select 4k 60hz 10bpc and even go to 4k 120hz 8bpc.

This got me thinking that when my pc boots, the screen is "stuck" in DP 1.2 mode, even if the OSD says it's on 1.4 

i am theorizing this because the behaviour i described is that of a monitor in DP 1.2 mode (as far as my knowledge goes at least, feel free to correct me please i am desperate for a solution) .

However when i plug it back in, as i said,  it suddenly behaves like DP 1.4 and my options are all back. I can even open the monitor OSD and fiddle with the DP 1.1/1.2/.14 setting, it will work (i guess because it counts as unplugging and plugging it back in). 

i am at my wit's end, i am not an expert by any means and i feel like i have exhausted my possibilites, google wasn't much help, the fact that i didn't know how to explain it properly for a search to be successful certainly contributed.

I don't know if they can help troubleshoot, but this are some of my specs (if you guys need any more just tell me and i will provide!):

Motherboard: Asus dark hero VIII

Ram: G.Skill F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC

Gpu: Gigabyte Gaming 24gb 4090 (not OC)

Cpu: ryzen 9 5950X

Already tried the DDU drill and that didn't help.

I really would love to be able to just boot my pc and have it like it was without having to do all that, if any of you guys could help... it would be great! thanks in advance!

Set a custom refresh rate for 60hz in nvida control panel and see if you can now change it to 10bpc 

Do this b7 don’t overclock it instead set it to 60hz if that dose not work then it may be the cable use are using display port right

17 minutes ago, 123coven said:

Set a custom refresh rate for 60hz in nvida control panel and see if you can now change it to 10bpc 

Do this but don’t overclock it instead set it to 60hz or 120hz and see if you are able to select 10bpc if that dose not work then it may be the cable, you are using display port right? If so here is a list of linus approved DisplayPort cables https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQ1maB_K91AwicWl-I7aBgOn2FrJPqsVuGHTw3LWLesO1r9bgDN8o7O3ynXk0WFO7y5iE0-8xJ1TR1p/pubhtml?lsrp=1#

10bpc in 120hz is unfeasible anyway but the 60hz are attainable when unplugging and plugging back in, I tried setting it custom already and it makes no difference. As I explained, I do believe the pc or the gpu or the drivers or whoever recognizes this monitor as connected with a 1.2 cable, only to get it right (1.4) when I unplug and plug back in. I would love a solution to that 😞 thank you for your effort tho my man 

Also, as I said, the original cable was going strong in 1.4 ever since 2021, problem occurred even with him only after getting a 4090 and keeps occurring with new cable.