What type of stress test to run for MSI Kombustor?

Theminecraftaddict555

I'm using MSI Kombustor to stress my test my GPU for troubleshooting purposes however I see many types of stress test options that the software has like msi-01, furmark, phong donut etc. At this point I'm wondering which option is the best option since there is so many.

Also do you guys turn artifact scanner off or on?

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

5 hours ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

I'm using MSI Kombustor to stress my test my GPU for troubleshooting purposes however I see many types of stress test options that the software has like msi-01, furmark, phong donut etc. At this point I'm wondering which option is the best option since there is so many.

Also do you guys turn artifact scanner off or on?

default thats included with MSI Afterburner. That would be Furmark-based, and with Artifact Scanner on by default.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

19 hours ago, SorryBella said:

default thats included with MSI Afterburner. That would be Furmark-based, and with Artifact Scanner on by default.

By default it is at this image.png.9f0a8a00487b1e5445839bf1fcc38e53.png

2 hours ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

By default it is at this image.png.9f0a8a00487b1e5445839bf1fcc38e53.png

Yeah thats it. Set it at 4K.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

1 hour ago, SorryBella said:

Yeah thats it. Set it at 4K.

I was planning to run it at stress test and not benchmark but I guess either one works right? benchmark probably going to need to run a couple of times though

Just now, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

I was planning to run it at stress test and not benchmark but I guess either one works right? benchmark probably going to need to run a couple of times though

Stress test all the way. Furmark and its iteration is only good for that. If you need recommendation for benchmark, check 3DMark Time Spy and Unigine Superposition.

3 minutes ago, SorryBella said:

Stress test all the way. Furmark and its iteration is only good for that. If you need recommendation for benchmark, check 3DMark Time Spy and Unigine Superposition.

Ok so just run stress test at the gl msi-01 setting as shown in the screenshot? It also has a bunch of furmark stress test options too like furmark-donut or furmark msi

Just now, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

Ok so just run stress test at the gl msi-01 setting as shown in the screenshot? It also has a bunch of furmark stress test options too

...yes.