Performance-PCs.com and Corsair Hydro X GPU water cooling XG5 3080 Ventus Block

Hello,

I am doing my first desktop PC build since the Win XP days.  I decided it was time to challenge my building skills and make it a video editing/gaming rig with a custom water cooling loop.  I unfortunately purchased the original parts last year but ran into health issues and had to put the actual build off until now.  That means my GPU is a Zotac Gaming 3080 GEForce Trinity White RTX LHR which is one series back since the current series is now up to 40 series.  My loop is (with the exception of the fittings) all Corsair for the the actual components.  I do not plan on doing any crazy overclocking (last games I played were on the original Atari 2600 console - I am 56) so I originally was not going to include my GPU in the loop.  I realized during my build that if I don't include the GPU now and want to add it later I would probably have to drain the entire system and rip it apart to add the GPU to the loop.  That being said, I was on the Corsair website and discovered that the block I really want is no longer available from them and pretty much sold out at their major retailers.  The one that I want/need is called the Hydro X XG5 Ventus (I spoke with Corsair's chat support and they told me based on the GPU I have that I needed the Ventus version).  I am finding that my secondary option of the XG7 is available even through Amazon so I just might have to settle for that option.

Just today I found through a Google search that I might be able to get the XG5 Ventus at Performance-PCs.com but with there being so many sketch sites out there I wanted to do my research before purchasing. I found that there was a similar thread on here asking my same question "Performance-PCs.com Sketch or Not Sketch" but that thread is absolutely ancient as in dating back to btween 2014-2016 and that is why I created this new thread/topic.

Can anyone give me their opinion please on the site?  Are they legit or trouble?

Thank you,

WonderWoman

Never had any issues they their site myself. Ordered a few things over the years. Swapped to titanrig. Anything else I have trouble getting, I just use ebay.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

problem is the part must have been so popular that it is not even available on eBay....