WinRAR with Recovery Record vs MultiPar

Hello Data Horders

Aside from 3-2-1, it's advised to make a recovery record or have a way repair a corrupted files on a cold storge drive (or even on a NAS)

Which method would you prefer?

a. Compress and then delete the original with WinRAR, add a Recovery Record (10-20%)

b. Keep the original files, use MultiPar to create a recovery record (10-20% redudentcy) for each file or each folder.

*If I use MultiPar, I probably will not create recovery record for WIP files (yes I had kept all my WIP just incase I want to access the again.. but like 90% chance I won't ever touch them...)

You would have to compress files with Winrar in order to add recovery record. In contrast, multipar would work on regular files, and you could store the recovery record separately, or make backups of the recovery records.

24 minutes ago, mariushm said:

You would have to compress files with Winrar in order to add recovery record. In contrast, multipar would work on regular files, and you could store the recovery record separately, or make backups of the recovery records.

Yeap that's what I'm asking, which one would you prefer? Basically, keep the original or not. This probably is going to Ship of Thesis kind of territory, but Data is data...