New Graphicscard

zergo1012

I am going to buy a new graphics card but I don't now what's better. I doubt about the r9 290x stock cooler, the r9 290x msi gaming, the msi gtx 780 gaming and the asus gtx 780.

What do you guys guys thing what's getting the best overall gaming performance?

Go with MSI for sure, and the 290x has better performance

Everything that's in my PC and on my desk

Intel Core i5 4670K | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 770 Gaming 2GB | Corsair Obsidian 450D | Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD | Toshiba 1TB HDD | Corsair CX750M  | Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH Edition | NZXT Hue RGB Leds | 2x Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition | Corsair AF120 Performance Edition | Nanoxia Frontpanel Extension Red | AOC G2770PQU | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate MX Brown | Corsair Vengeance M65 FPS | Corsair Vengeance 1500

The 780 Gaming is probably the most stable of the 4 in all regards. Not terrible cooling, not too loud, seems to be more than just a non-reference card.

They'll all perform around the same, so it doesn't matter which you choose really. If you're going 1440p+, go with the 290X for extra VRAM that 780s lack. If you're 1080p/120hz gaming, I'd pick the 780 up instead. If neither, R9 290X will probably be your best bet. Which of each card doesn't matter much unless it's reference vs non-reference. Always stick to non-reference if you can help it. I will say the 780 reference coolers are far better than the R9 290X's, even if there weren't issues with Hawaii GPUs.

Pick what you think looks best or is at a good price, I guess. Also, I recommend Gigabyte over all others.

The 780 Gaming is probably the most stable of the 4 in all regards. Not terrible cooling, not too loud, seems to be more than just a non-reference card.

They'll all perform around the same, so it doesn't matter which you choose really. If you're going 1440p+, go with the 290X for extra VRAM that 780s lack. If you're 1080p/120hz gaming, I'd pick the 780 up instead. Which of each card doesn't matter much unless it's reference vs non-reference. Always stick to non-reference if you can help it. I will say the 780 reference coolers are far better than the R9 290X's, even if there weren't issues with Hawaii GPUs.

Pick what you think looks best or is at a good price, I guess.

No.

The R9 290X is far superior to the GTX 780 in performance in all ways.

The R9 290 itself is already better than the GTX 780.

EDIT: haha, this was my 780th post. Coincidence? I think not.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

So the best chose is a Msi R9 290X Gaming ?

It's a 100 euros difference in holland between a stock one and a msi one

should I better buy a stock one and get a water cooling ? or just the msi r9 290x gaming

So the best chose is a Msi R9 290X Gaming ?

It's a 100 euro's difference in holland between a stock one and a msi one

No. PowerColor PCS+ R9 290X

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

I don't have the money for that one  :wacko:

R9 290x MSI twinfrozr gaming.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

I could buy this water cooling http://www.arctic.ac/eu_en/products/cooling/vga/accelero-hybrid.html with the stock r9 290x 

Skip all of those cards and get a Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X or Vapor-X these two are absolutely the best 290s out there.

The difference in price between the 290 and the 290X is unjustifiable so go with the 290 instead.

Skip all of those cards and get a Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X or Vapor-X these two are absolutely the best 290s out there.

The difference in price between the 290 and the 290X is unjustifiable so go with the 290 instead.

i agree, and disagree...while the 290x isn't worth the premium, this is right...the tri-x and vapor-x also come at a premium...an r9 290 twinfrozr gaming would be cheaper and get the same job done,

that's what i would go with..

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

how about that R9 290 from gigabyte?its only $380 On amazon.It isnt as good as the 780 but linus acctually had a 290 that was faster than his 290x

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

how about that R9 290 from gigabyte?its only $380 On amazon.It isnt as good as the 780 but linus acctually had a 290 that was faster than his 290x

good suggestion, but the windforce cooler (and pretty much every 3 fans design coolers) is much louder, it is doing a better job at cooling the cards by about 5%

but this come's at a huge cost in the sound department where it can be as much as 25% louder than a good dual fan design...this can be explained by the fact that

smaller fans have to spin faster to move the same amout of air, and they tend to have higher pitch making them more noticeable...and you have 3 of them...

they are not bad card by any means and for overclockers and performance freaks it can be a very good choice but the average user will better like to have a more

quiet card that run a degree or 2 hotter...something like a twin frozr card (wich has some of the biggest fans around) will be much more quiet.

Also, those 3 fans cards are usualy longer in lenght so they won't fit in every gaming case, they fit in most of them though this is usualy a non-issue.

good suggestion, but the windforce cooler (and pretty much every 3 fans design coolers) is much louder, it is doing a better job at cooling the cards by about 5%

but this come's at a huge cost in the sound department where it can be as much as 20% louder than a good dual fan design...this can be explained by the fact that

a smaller fan has to spin faster to move the same amout of air, and the tend to have higher pitch making them more noticeable...they are not bad card by any mean

and for overclockers and performance freaks it can be a very good choice but the average user will better like to have a more quiet card that run a degree or 2 hotter...

Also, those cards are usualy longer in lenght so they won't fit in every gaming case, they fit in most of them though this is usualy a non-issue.

Its also about 40-60 dollars cheaper than most 290's

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

Its also about 40-60 dollars cheaper than most 290's

this could be a VERY good argument if on a budget yes, it is true that gigabyte cards a very agressively priced and the quality is very good...my previous card was a radeon HD7950 windforce and while i like the performance of the cooler in general it was way to loud for my likings even at 45% fanspeed i was hearing the card while playing batllefield through my headset wich has good sound dampening...