Confused about Windows

Big O

I am building a new PC but want to use a different SSD but the same Windows license. I am just wondering what happens to the old SSD when I activate it on a new drive, or if I should wipe the old drive first.

10 minutes ago, Big O said:

I am building a new PC but want to use a different SSD but the same Windows license. I am just wondering what happens to the old SSD when I activate it on a new drive, or if I should wipe the old drive first.

Nothing happens to the license on the old drive. It would work on 5 computers at the same time as well. MS licensing isn't that smart, believe me.
You could even run that same old drive in your new system, without reinstalling the OS and everything would work just fine (or clone the old drive onto the new one). Of course, I would suggest installing fresh drivers if you do go that route.
I have been swapping the same drive to different computers for 5 years now with 0 issues. I'm just as amazed as anyone else would be.

Make a copy of your license key though if you can!

CPU: AMD 7800X3D Motherboard: NZXT B650E RAM: 32GB 5600 30-CL Corsair Vengeance DDR5 GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 2070 PSU: Corsair RM850i Monitor: Samsung 27" 4K thing Cooling:Noctua Chromax Black NH-D15: Case: NZXT H510 Black