Seasonic GX-750, Corsair RM750x, or NZXT C850

Time to retire my old trusty Thermaltake TR2 850w and upgrade. Which one and why? I'm leaning towards the NZXT so I have a little extra juice on hand in the future. Is it true Seasonic makes these?

Thanks!

Never rub another man's rhubarb!

4.2225Ghz 1700x on air

cpu-z validation

5 minutes ago, Compassionate Homicide said:

Time to retire my old trusty Thermaltake TR2 850w and upgrade. Which one and why? I'm leaning towards the NZXT so I have a little extra juice on hand in the future. Is it true Seasonic makes these?

Thanks!

I will always recommend the RMi or RMx series from Corsair, I personally will never use anything else. Its been good to be over the years in many builds.  Great power, awesome reliability, silent ( never heard the fans kick in, complete silence ❤️ )
I run my 7700x - 32GB DDR5 and overclocked RTX 4080 on my RM750i, with around 470w total system draw during full loads.

22 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

I will always recommend the RMi or RMx series from Corsair, I personally will never use anything else. Its been good to be over the years in many builds.  Great power, awesome reliability, silent ( never heard the fans kick in, complete silence ❤️ )
I run my 7700x - 32GB DDR5 and overclocked RTX 4080 on my RM750i, with around 470w total system draw during full loads.

I was heavily considering the RMx at first. I've heard the cables tend to be stiffer and less manageable than the Seasonic though. But I also read HERE that Seasonic had technical issues with their cables. I know all three are "A" tier, so they're all very viable options. Easier cable management would be a plus though, as my case is pretty full. Two SSD's, three HDD's, single 5.25 bay slim DVD burner / hot swappable SATA bay combo, seven case fans and a nh-u14s with dual fans in push pull. Upgraded my case a few months ago and need to update my profile.

4.2225Ghz 1700x on air

cpu-z validation

16 minutes ago, Compassionate Homicide said:

I was heavily considering the RMx at first. I've heard the cables tend to be stiffer and less manageable than the Seasonic though. But I also read HERE that Seasonic had technical issues with their cables. I know all three are "A" tier, so they're all very viable options. Easier cable management would be a plus though, as my case is pretty full. Two SSD's, three HDD's, single 5.25 bay slim DVD burner / hot swappable SATA bay combo, seven case fans and a nh-u14s with dual fans in push pull. Upgraded my case a few months ago and need to update my profile.

Fair enough.  Never had issues with the cables on the RMi or RMx series ( Same PSU, the i series have PSU monitoring like Temp, fans speed etc )
The cables for the RMx series are very well made, that is why I love the RM series. Overspecced cables.
 To be honest, I dont think you would notice any difference between these PSU's once you are gaming. I have heard that the fans on Seasonic are slightly louder but that might be a different range of their PSU's.
I dont think its worth overthinking this, All are A tier and will run without issues.

I will however recommend the RMx. Can't recommend the others as I have no personal experienced with them.

3 hours ago, Hinjima said:

Fair enough.  Never had issues with the cables on the RMi or RMx series ( Same PSU, the i series have PSU monitoring like Temp, fans speed etc )
The cables for the RMx series are very well made, that is why I love the RM series. Overspecced cables.
 To be honest, I dont think you would notice any difference between these PSU's once you are gaming. I have heard that the fans on Seasonic are slightly louder but that might be a different range of their PSU's.
I dont think its worth overthinking this, All are A tier and will run without issues.

I will however recommend the RMx. Can't recommend the others as I have no personal experienced with them.

Oh I know it wouldn't have an effect on games or productivity. All three are solid PSU's.

Are the cables on the RMx sleeved, or unsleeved and flat?

4.2225Ghz 1700x on air

cpu-z validation

8 hours ago, Compassionate Homicide said:

I'm leaning towards the NZXT so I have a little extra juice on hand in the future. Is it true Seasonic makes these?

Depends. There are two models of the C Gold 850w. The V1 with SKU NP-C850M is made by Seasonic and EOL for a year now. PA-8G1BB is the V2 (or 2022) version and is made by CWT. The CWT version is the better unit which I prefer over the GX-750 and RM750x too.

13 hours ago, --SID-- said:

Depends. There are two models of the C Gold 850w. The V1 with SKU NP-C850M is made by Seasonic and EOL for a year now. PA-8G1BB is the V2 (or 2022) version and is made by CWT. The CWT version is the better unit which I prefer over the GX-750 and RM750x too.

Learn something new every day. Thanks for that info!

4.2225Ghz 1700x on air

cpu-z validation

22 hours ago, Compassionate Homicide said:

Oh I know it wouldn't have an effect on games or productivity. All three are solid PSU's.

Are the cables on the RMx sleeved, or unsleeved and flat?

Sorry for the late reply, I'v just been swamped today.  The CPU, GPU and Motherboard cables are sleeved. Quite nicely too.
They aint too stiff. I had no issues bending them around.
image.thumb.png.bc6e1b88d2cb2a6fbab00683bfa8a774.png