rx 7600 xt and 7700 release date speculation?

Phew, been a long time since I posted.

Anyways, as per title, is there any speculation when one of these cards may be released? I know there were rumors the 7600xt was supposed to come out in May, but that ship has sailed. I'm looking to finally upgrade from a 1060, but would really hate to grab a 7600 this week only to see one of these released in two weeks.

Inb4 get a 6700/6750 xt. Nope, I need the av1 encoding.

Never rub another man's rhubarb!

4.2225Ghz 1700x on air

cpu-z validation

8 hours ago, Compassionate Homicide said:

Anyways, as per title, is there any speculation when one of these cards may be released? I know there were rumors the 7600xt was supposed to come out in May, but that ship has sailed. I'm looking to finally upgrade from a 1060, but would really hate to grab a 7600 this week only to see one of these released in two weeks.

AMD has more or less committed to a release in 3rd quarter of this year, according to the reporting. 

Rumors indicate that there will be a presentation in end of August at GameCom in Germany, and they will release in September. 

I'm one of the people who are holding out to at least see what they bring to table, so I'm looking very much forward to this. I'm not too optimistic about the rumored powerdraw though. 

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

9 hours ago, DeerDK said:

AMD has more or less committed to a release in 3rd quarter of this year, according to the reporting. 

Rumors indicate that there will be a presentation in end of August at GameCom in Germany, and they will release in September. 

I'm one of the people who are holding out to at least see what they bring to table, so I'm looking very much forward to this. I'm not too optimistic about the rumored powerdraw though. 

I've been suspecting September myself.
What about the rumored power consumption? I haven't heard anything about that.

4.2225Ghz 1700x on air

cpu-z validation

22 minutes ago, Compassionate Homicide said:

I've been suspecting September myself.
What about the rumored power consumption? I haven't heard anything about that.

I can't remember exactly, but something around 240 ish for 7700. 

But I'm really not sure. It seems realistic though, if their power efficiency is a bit worse than the 4070

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

2 hours ago, DeerDK said:

I can't remember exactly, but something around 240 ish for 7700. 

But I'm really not sure. It seems realistic though, if their power efficiency is a bit worse than the 4070

That's not too bad. New psu should handle that fine...if I can be patient enough to wait for the release.

4.2225Ghz 1700x on air

cpu-z validation

13 hours ago, DeerDK said:

I don't understand where the 300w is coming from to be honest , My 7900XT at stock draws 308w.

That's with an extra 24 CU's..

So either the card is going to run ridiculously high clock speeds or it's a false rumour.

Obviously it's not impossible because they might be giving it everything they can to push past the RTX4070 but I would take even money that its going to be less than 300w and I think substantially less.

CPU : Ryzen 7 7800X3D @ -18mv all core except -13mv on Core 5 because its a pig.

CPU Cooler : Deepcool AK620 Zero Dark

Mobo : MSI B650M-A Wifi MATX

Ram : 32GB (2X16GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000MHZ CL34

GPU : Reference Design RX7900XT sold by Saphire running at 1050MV undervolt and +15% PL (355w)

Storage : 1TB WD SN770 + 2TB Samsung 970 Evo

PSU : Corsair HX750w Platinum

Case : Asus Prime AP201 All Mesh MATX

Case Fans : Arctic p12's everywhere i can fit them in , 7 In total.

Monitor : LG 27GP850-B.BEK 1440p Nano IPS 180Hz

Keyboard : HyperX Alloy Core RGB

Mouse : Corsair M65 Elite RGB

Headset : Corsair HS35 Gaming Headset

1 hour ago, Bagzie said:

I don't understand where the 300w is coming from to be honest , My 7900XT at stock draws 308w.

That's with an extra 24 CU's..

So either the card is going to run ridiculously high clock speeds or it's a false rumour.

Obviously it's not impossible because they might be giving it everything they can to push past the RTX4070 but I would take even money that its going to be less than 300w and I think substantially less.

Did I say anything about a 300w power draw? 

I said something around 240 ish but with a huge disclaimer that I couldn't remember exactly what I had read and heard. 

Edit. Added screen dump from Moors Law is Dead. 

He seems a bit full of himself, but other media reports on his leaks so I guess he is not totally irrelevant

Screenshot_20230808_222716_YouTube.jpg

14 minutes ago, DeerDK said:

I said something around 240 ish but with a huge disclaimer that I couldn't remember exactly what I had read and heard. 

He seems a bit full of himself, but other media reports on his leaks so I guess he is not totally irrelevant

Sorry about that for some odd reason when I posted my comment I could only see the OP's post and your initial post.

only information i could find online was speculation and rumours of a 300 watt power limit so that's where my assumption came from.

I could definately see it around the 250w range though.

Which is 50w more than a 4070 which seems fine to me , Once the calculate total system power I don't think it will be too bad.

CPU : Ryzen 7 7800X3D @ -18mv all core except -13mv on Core 5 because its a pig.

CPU Cooler : Deepcool AK620 Zero Dark

Mobo : MSI B650M-A Wifi MATX

Ram : 32GB (2X16GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000MHZ CL34

GPU : Reference Design RX7900XT sold by Saphire running at 1050MV undervolt and +15% PL (355w)

Storage : 1TB WD SN770 + 2TB Samsung 970 Evo

PSU : Corsair HX750w Platinum

Case : Asus Prime AP201 All Mesh MATX

Case Fans : Arctic p12's everywhere i can fit them in , 7 In total.

Monitor : LG 27GP850-B.BEK 1440p Nano IPS 180Hz

Keyboard : HyperX Alloy Core RGB

Mouse : Corsair M65 Elite RGB

Headset : Corsair HS35 Gaming Headset

35 minutes ago, DeerDK said:

This is why I'm tempted to hold out, Id really prefer a 12gb card. IIRC, the 7600 is rated for around 160w. 300w would seem a bit on the high side, so I'd agree those will probably be in the 250w range, +/- 7%.

4.2225Ghz 1700x on air

cpu-z validation

7 hours ago, Bagzie said:

Sorry about that for some odd reason when I posted my comment I could only see the OP's post and your initial post.

only information i could find online was speculation and rumours of a 300 watt power limit so that's where my assumption came from.

I could definately see it around the 250w range though.

Which is 50w more than a 4070 which seems fine to me , Once the calculate total system power I don't think it will be too bad.

No worries. 🙂

Yeah, 250 may be fine. It's a bit much for my PSU, but thats a Me-problem and not an Us-problem.

6 hours ago, Compassionate Homicide said:

This is why I'm tempted to hold out, Id really prefer a 12gb card. IIRC, the 7600 is rated for around 160w. 300w would seem a bit on the high side, so I'd agree those will probably be in the 250w range, +/- 7%.

That is where I stand as well. It's so close now that holding out will at least prevent too much FOMO, and then one can make a decision when all cards are on the table

On 8/7/2023 at 11:03 PM, Compassionate Homicide said:

https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-7800-xt-16-gb-rx-7700-xt-enthusiast-rdna-3-gpus-listed-by-asrock/

This is the newest article I could find. 

They speculate around 225, which sounds even better. But it's still not official 

Im curious how well the 7600xt or 7700 will run 1440p natively. It just occurred to me that I'm upgrading one of my monitors and the one I'm looking at is 1440. From what I've read, the base 7600 doesn't do well natively at 1440 and fsr2 isn't widely supported.

I really wanted to avoid nVidia after what went down with EVGA and now it looks like a 4060 or ti might be an option.

4.2225Ghz 1700x on air

cpu-z validation