Buying Windows From DCM?

PC Player

I heard about another cheap windows keys website called Digital Chill Mart, or DCM, and I was wondering if I would be okay to buy from there?

4 minutes ago, PC Player said:

I heard about another cheap windows keys website called [redacted], and I was wondering if I would be okay to buy from there?

No.

None of those "cheap Windows key" sites are 100% above-board. You may get a Windows license that works, but it's almost always going to be a stolen corporate site license key, one of the generic site license keys Microsoft publishes for lab and staging purposes, or a license intended for a developing third-world market.

If you want a license that's guaranteed to be legitimate, buy one from an authorized reseller or direct from Microsoft.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

4 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

No.

None of those "cheap Windows key" sites are 100% above-board. You may get a Windows license that works, but it's almost always going to be a stolen corporate site license key, one of the generic site license keys Microsoft publishes for lab and staging purposes, or a license intended for a developing third-world market.

If you want a license that's guaranteed to be legitimate, buy one from an authorized reseller or direct from Microsoft.

Is there any authorized reseller that has a sale on Windows 11 Home keys right now, per chance? Ik it’s a long shot, but 120 dollars for a key is just absurd 😭

37 minutes ago, PC Player said:

Is there any authorized reseller that has a sale on Windows 11 Home keys right now, per chance? Ik it’s a long shot, but 120 dollars for a key is just absurd 😭

You're better off just installing Windows from official install media and running it without activating. Don't give shady bootleg operations your money.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

1 hour ago, Needfuldoer said:

You're better off just installing Windows from official install media and running it without activating. Don't give shady bootleg operations your money.

I did, but I can’t play Valorant without windows being activated cuz for the newest Vanguard update you need the TPM 2.0 chip 😭

2 hours ago, PC Player said:

I did, but I can’t play Valorant without windows being activated cuz for the newest Vanguard update you need the TPM 2.0 chip 😭

Nvm Idk if u need to activate windows to get the TPM 2.0 chip

While DigitalChillMart is generally a safe site and have good reviews overall, it's hard to say if said keys are legit retail keys or as @Needfuldoer said; stolen corporate keys. I will still recommend purchasing a proper version from the Windows Store.

The geek himself.

19 minutes ago, NTDaws said:

While DigitalChillMart is generally a safe site and have good reviews overall, it's hard to say if said keys are legit retail keys or as @Needfuldoer said; stolen corporate keys. I will still recommend purchasing a proper version from the Windows Store.

I did