New AM5 build won’t post (CPU and DRAM lights showing red)

Hi,

I built my new AM5 pc today however I’ve ran into a few issues. The main issue being the red CPU and DRAM warning/debug lights on the motherboard.

I’ve got a 7800X3D for the CPU and 2x16GB sticks of Kingston Fury Beast (6000Mhz) .

I checked that the ram was compatible with the motherboard (NZXT N7 B650e) but seems there’s still an issue somewhere. I’ve installed the ram in slots B2 and A2 according to the manual but no joy.

Im hoping that for some reason the ram is causing the CPU light to turn on as I bought the CPU during my recent trip to america so won’t be able to return it if it’s faulty 🙁

any tips or advice would be appreciated

(additional info: GPU seems to power on fine however the front IO ports on the case don’t seem to be working. I’ve connected the USBs but I’m not sure if they’ll only start working after the PC boots and gets it’s initial setup.

thanks in advance for any help

Did you make sure the RAM sticks are all the way in? Did you hear a clicking sound?

If yes to both, then try one stick at a time, then different slots.

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

1 minute ago, Dukesilver27- said:

Did you make sure the RAM sticks are all the way in? Did you hear a clicking sound?

If yes to both, then try one stick at a time, then different slots.

I’m sure the ram is installed correctly. I pushed down with even pressure on both sides until I heard a click and the small lever thing (idk what it’s called) clicked back upwards. I’m going to try swap the ram sticks about when I wake up as it’s currently 3am here in the UK.

do you by any chance know if the ram could cause the CPU light to come on or is that a whole other issue?

I thought the board said RAM issue, at least that's what I got from reading your post.

Anyway if the CPU light is on, then have you made sure the board BIOS is updated to support 7800X3D?

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

7 minutes ago, Dukesilver27- said:

I thought the board said RAM issue, at least that's what I got from reading your post.

Anyway if the CPU light is on, then have you made sure the board BIOS is updated to support 7800X3D?

Both the CPU and DRAM lights are on and showing a solid red. This is my first AMD build so I wasn’t actually aware you had to update bios to have it support the CPU. The pc won’t even get to the bios so how would I go about updating it if that is the issue?

sorry if this is a really stupid question I’m just clueless it seems with AMD

The board has a BIOS flashback button to update BIOS without CPU, you could follow this guide.

2 hours ago, Dukesilver27- said:

The board has a BIOS flashback button to update BIOS without CPU, you could follow this guide.

Ah thanks I’ll give that a go. I appreciate the help 

8 hours ago, Dukesilver27- said:

I’ve updated the bios using that method but sadly the cpu and dram lights are both still on. Does that mean it’s faulty hardware?

• 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, pandablade said:

hello did you figur out what the problem was cuz im having this 2

I found that I actually had a defective motherboard. Common issues that cause it are that you haven’t updated your bios to the newest version so the cpu doesn’t get recognised by the motherboard. Have you updated your bios?

for me it only works outside my case i did not change anything i have build a decent amount of pc's and this is my first am5 build so idk what i did wrong 

i got a kingston 1T +2T

tuf 3060ti just for now

ddr5 6000mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x 16GB 

am5 ryzen 7 7800x3d 

NZXT n7 b650e 

case is  thermaltake core P8

P1000GM 1000w

I’ve heard that AM5 can take a long time to post in some cases but I honestly have no idea why it would work outside the case but not inside unless something wasn’t connected properly when it was moved inside the case.

I’m assuming you’ve done all the go to checks like reseating and repositioning the ram in the slots using just one stick? I know am5 has had some bad memory compatibility issues so that could be a cause.

Sorry I couldn’t be of more help. I was so stumped when the issue happened to mine but it fixed itself when I got a new motherboard.

• 3 weeks later...

i had found the problem 2 it was my gpu extantion cable i didn´t think of it first kinda dumb 

but thanks for the help