EVGA Gtx 770 Dual Superclocked 4gb vs Evga gtx 770 FTW 4gb?

mcmad358

Which one performs better in newer games? They seem almost identical but I want the best for my money. Also, if you own one, please say how it is

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

The Dual Superclocked. Plus it has dual bios for overclocking so...

PC Specs:

New Compact Build

CPU: i7 8700k (Delidded)  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 1070Ti ACX 3.0 Black  |  Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming  |  Case: EVGA Hadron Air    

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000MHz  |  SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB  |  Monitor: ASUS PB287Q

OS: Windows 10  |  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB  |  Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus  |  Headphones: Steelseries Arctis 5

Surface Book 2 15"

CPU: i7 8650U  |  GPU: GTX 1060M  |  RAM: 16GB DDR3

You want 4gb? You need Nvidia gpu?

If you need/want more vram, you can get like 7970 or r9 280x if the price is right.

I'm not sure which is best, but don't buy a 4GB 770, it can't use all of its VRAM, it's not fast enough for that. Get the 2GB version instead.

I'm not sure which is best, but don't buy a 4GB 770, it can't use all of its VRAM, it's not fast enough for that. Get the 2GB version instead.

well, in certain scenarios you can use more than 2gb, but problem is it is super overpriced.

well, in certain scenarios you can use more than 2gb, but problem is it is super overpriced.

Someone not too long ago posted about his 770 4GB model not being able to use more than 2.2GB of its VRAM, with this number only increasing slightly when in SLI. At any rate, here at least, the 4GB model is only slightly cheaper than the non-reference r9 290s, which are definitely better cards.

Dual, because because it has dual Bios allows you to Flash to a new Bios and if any thing goes wrong, can go back to previous One like nothing happened, Cool feature Haa

-Get the 4GB, although it doesn't have the Bandwidth to Drive 4GB, it still can use it in some Cases, EVGA have put together a 4GB Version for a reason, it's not like they don't know it doesn't Have the Balls to Handle 4GB,  they Know Better, specially if it doesn't Coast you that much more

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

Someone not too long ago posted about his 770 4GB model not being able to use more than 2.2GB of its VRAM, with this number only increasing slightly when in SLI. At any rate, here at least, the 4GB model is only slightly cheaper than the non-reference r9 290s, which are definitely better cards.

you can easily bottleneck 2gb card with anti aliasing, so yes, it can definitly use it in certain scenarios

mem bandwidth is not problem if you have nice cooler so you can overclock mem frequency

but id still like to be proven wrong, is there any posibility you post link? or give me info so i search myself. when was it posted?

you can easily bottleneck 2gb card with anti aliasing, so yes, it can definitly use it in certain scenarios

mem bandwidth is not problem if you have nice cooler so you can overclock mem frequency

but id still like to be proven wrong, is there any posibility you post link? or give me info so i search myself. when was it posted?

I'll search when I get home.

So if you dont recommend those, what cards do you recommend...? (looking for fastest and best 3-4 gb card) ask for more deatails if needed

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

So if you dont recommend those, what cards do you recommend...? (looking for fastest and best 3-4 gb card) ask for more deatails if needed

What's wrong with the 290 in your sig? Or is this for another build?

What's wrong with the 290 in your sig? Or is this for another build?

I havent updated sig, my bad..... i couldnt go with it, not in my budget anymore..... So what do you think?

Current 

I havent updated sig, my bad..... i couldnt go with it, not in my budget anymore..... So what do you think?

The way 280's have dropped in price, I'm inclined to recommend them.

The way 280's have dropped in price, I'm inclined to recommend them.

I know but id probably rather have atleast a 280x or 770 and up

Current