Always struggling with plugins on Truenas Core.

Hi All,

I have an old Dell Optiplex 7020 running Truenas Core as my Home Nas. It has 32GB of DDR3-1666Mhz ram and two 128GB Crucial SSD for the boot pool. I have 2 Seagate Ironwolf Pro 2TB drives in Raid-Mirror mode for storing my media like old DVDs and Blu-rays. I have 3 64GB Kioxia flash drives in ZFS-2 for the plugin storage and 2 1TV Seagate Ironwolf drives for PC backups. The issue I am currently having is my Emby and Plex plugins stop working after a few hours, and they will only start to work after a full system reboot. I can access my data via SMB just fine. What am I doing wrong?

1 hour ago, Raine Pretorius said:

Hi All,

I have an old Dell Optiplex 7020 running Truenas Core as my Home Nas. It has 32GB of DDR3-1666Mhz ram and two 128GB Crucial SSD for the boot pool. I have 2 Seagate Ironwolf Pro 2TB drives in Raid-Mirror mode for storing my media like old DVDs and Blu-rays. I have 3 64GB Kioxia flash drives in ZFS-2 for the plugin storage and 2 1TV Seagate Ironwolf drives for PC backups. The issue I am currently having is my Emby and Plex plugins stop working after a few hours, and they will only start to work after a full system reboot. I can access my data via SMB just fine. What am I doing wrong?

seems like this isn;t a new issue and a possible issue with the trunas plugin itself

https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/plex-plug-in-periodically-stops-working-until-a-jail-restart.103585/

That said Im not familiar the the BSD base TruNAS core uses, but this will probably be better answered on the official trunas forums rather than here.

10 hours ago, 10leej said:

seems like this isn;t a new issue and a possible issue with the trunas plugin itself

https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/plex-plug-in-periodically-stops-working-until-a-jail-restart.103585/

That said Im not familiar the the BSD base TruNAS core uses, but this will probably be better answered on the official trunas forums rather than here.

I tried asking there to no avail.

What is the content of /var/log/messages ?

Can you open the terminal of TrueNAS Core and restart the service when you see it stops working?

https://www.truenas.com/docs/core/coretutorials/usingshell/

OS: FreeBSD 13.3  WM: bspwm  Hardware: Intel 12600KF -- Kingston dual-channel CL36 @6200 -- Sapphire RX 7600 -- BIOSTAR B760MZ-E PRO -- Antec P6 -- Xilence XP550 -- ARCTIC i35 -- 980 PRO 500GB