Budget GPU for CAD/encoding

kuro68k

My GPU is dying. It's an old 1 slot FirePro Radeon.

I mostly do CAD (KiCad), vector graphics (Inkscape), and video encoding for archival (quality is important). Two 4k monitors. No modern gaming.

Looking at an Intel ARC 380 6GB. I read that their video encoding is good quality and it should be okay for everything else. Cost around £135. Not looking to spend any more than that unless there is a very compelling reason to.

Any other good options?

8 hours ago, kuro68k said:

Looking at an Intel ARC 380 6GB. I read that their video encoding is good quality and it should be okay for everything else. Cost around £135. Not looking to spend any more than that unless there is a very compelling reason to.

Yeah its fine, and drivers are stable enough that i would go for it. But do be noted that the stability is still far from AMD and Nvidia.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Thanks. About the stability, I do wonder about potential issues in KiCad and Inkscape. Probably not the sort of thing that Intel are interested in fixing.