Second opinion/sanity check wanted for my first build 

LostALot

Context: I want to acquire/build my first desktop, as my current computer (a gaming laptop) is approaching its 8-year anniversary. After having spent a depressingly large number of hours researching I have found a collection of parts that I think is decent, but I would like a second opinion/sanity check before actually buying to spot any inexperienced induced blunders. Any feedback about the build is therefore greatly appreciated. Note that I live in Scandinavia, so the cheapest/best option at US retailers are not necessarily the same here. 

Build goal: My actual needs for a PC are probably covered by even a low tier build, but I can’t help myself and is aiming higher. I don’t have a strict budget but is trying to a) get parts with good price to performance, and b) get parts that can be reused when upgrading sometime in the future. The only overclocking-related stuff I think I'll do is EXPO/XMP and possibly moderate CPU undervolting.  

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600x; Seems to itself have good value. The AM5 platform is a bit more expensive but has very good/easy upgrade capabilities compared to intel/AM4 (I think it is worth it). 

Motherboard: ASRock B650m Pro RS Wifi; The cheapest available with bluetooth.  

Ram: G.Skill Trident z5 neo 6GHz 3038, 2x16 GB;  

Edit: Part number F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5N(R) (with or without RGB) 

Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin S2; Is there clearance with the ram? 

Case: Lian Li Lancool 216;  

Storage: Kingston KC3000 2TB; 

GPU: RX 6700 XT; Are there any manufacturer I should avoid, or is it mostly the same?  

PSU: XPG core reactor 650w; Possibly a bit overkill with this configuration, but as far as I can see it should handle all/most non-stupid upgrades (assuming PCpartpicker can be trusted). 

Thermal paste: Artic MX-6; Seems comparable or even better than Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut on a lot of tests.

Edit: I was made aware that the cooler includes thermal paste, which i belive is sufficient for my use

Primary monitor: Dell S3222DGM;  

Secondary monitor: While not immediately needed (I am currently borrowing one, and the new 32” might itself be large enough to split in multiple usable sections), I am thinking that perhaps a portable monitor with touchscreen (touch and/or stylus) could be flexible. Have not looked at it properly yet (past discovering that most such monitors seems to require USB C DP alt mode which I don’t think this setup supports), so any recommendations are appreciated. 

Peripherals: Currently have a Bluetooth headset and a wired mouse (G502 Hero). I need to buy a keyboard but will probably buy something cheap along with some of the products. 

OS: Initially Windows 10/11 (I think 11 is usable by now, if a bit spyware-y). Have a future goal of learning/using Linux through either dual-booting and/or VM. 

As mentioned any and all feedback is welcomed. I’m inexperienced and don’t know what I don’t know, so dumb mistakes/oversights are more or less to be expected. Also sorry if I somehow broke any forum etikett, as I new to the forum. 

Edit: Here is the PC part picker list https://no.pcpartpicker.com/list/pdRgTn

Edited by LostALot
Added some requested info

A pcpartpicker build list would be helpful. There are versions with local pricing for Scandinavian countries. Use se.papartpicker.com for Sweden, no.pcpartpicker.com for Norway, and dk.pcpartpicker.com for Denmark.

If one is buying the least expensive B650 motherboard, taking platform longevity into account is illogical. It's also a false economy. Chose a platform based on the best performance and price to meet needs.

I can't find a listing for the Peerless Assassin S2. Did you mean the Peerless Assassin 120 SE?

Clearance under the outer fan of the Peerless Assassin 120 SE is listed at 46mm. Trident Z5 Neo are listed as 44mm tall.

The Peerless Assassin 120 SE includes a tube of thermal compound in the retail package.

Without the part number it's not possible to verify that the memory kit is qualified for the motherboard.

The motherboard is mATX. It will look small in the ATX case. Consider an ATX motherboard or mATX case.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Thanks a lot for the feedback!

2 hours ago, brob said:

A pcpartpicker build list would be helpful. There are versions with local pricing for Scandinavian countries. Use se.papartpicker.com for Sweden, no.pcpartpicker.com for Norway, and dk.pcpartpicker.com for Denmark.

I did not know that it worked for different countries. Thanks! 
I see not all vendors are available, but the build is something like this: https://no.pcpartpicker.com/list/pdRgTn

2 hours ago, brob said:

If one is buying the least expensive B650 motherboard, taking platform longevity into account is illogical. It's also a false economy. Chose a platform based on the best performance and price to meet needs.

That is indeed a fallacy, but in this case I think the AM5 platform makes sense. Looking at it the AM5 (B650) mobo+ram combo is 3600kr, while a similar combo for the intel B760 (G.Skill 32GB ram and the first board that clearly has wifi/bluetooth) is 3260kr. There are definitly cheaper variants of the last one (and AM4), but for now I'll belive that I might as well use AM5.

2 hours ago, brob said:

I can't find a listing for the Peerless Assassin S2. Did you mean the Peerless Assassin 120 SE?

Indeed. 

2 hours ago, brob said:

Clearance under the outer fan of the Peerless Assassin 120 SE is listed at 46mm. Trident Z5 Neo are listed as 44mm tall.

Which means it will fit? I have not actually been hands on any such system, so I assume it is straight forwards and that the tolerances are ok. 

2 hours ago, brob said:

The Peerless Assassin 120 SE includes a tube of thermal compound in the retail package.

I did not notice that. I guess that when not overclocking etc that it is more than sufficient.  

2 hours ago, brob said:

Without the part number it's not possible to verify that the memory kit is qualified for the motherboard.

Was possibly thinking F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5N or F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR, which while not directly mentioning the board, does mention the B650 Pro RS

2 hours ago, brob said:

The motherboard is mATX. It will look small in the ATX case. Consider an ATX motherboard or mATX case.

Good to know, but I don't care that much about the visuals. The cheapest relevant ATX board seems to be MSI PRO B650-P WiFi for the equivalent of 30$ extra, which i don't think is worth it

Yeah for the mobo I'd recommend something bigger since you have a medium tower, the tuf b650 or something (if you need bluetooth or any connectivity just get an external usb adapter), going for am5 is a good future choice, ram is fine by the looks of it psu aswell and gpu manufacturers only really differ by the shroud so any brand with decent history is pretty good (powercolor being one of them)

2 hours ago, LostALot said:

Was possibly thinking F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5N or F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR, which while not directly mentioning the board, does mention the B650 Pro RS

The B650 Pro RS is a different motherboard. It has a 14+2+1 power design. The B650M Pro RS is 8+2+1.

Neither memory kit is on the motherboard or memory kit QVL. Doesn't mean they won't work, just that they haven't been tested.

https://no.pcpartpicker.com/product/36bTwP/gskill-ripjaws-s5-32-gb-2-x-16-gb-ddr5-6000-cl32-memory-f5-6000j3238f16gx2-rs5k and https://no.pcpartpicker.com/product/znBG3C/gskill-trident-z5-rgb-32-gb-2-x-16-gb-ddr5-6000-cl32-memory-f5-6000j3238f16gx2-tz5rk are on the motherboard's memory QVL.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

4 hours ago, brob said:

f one is buying the least expensive B650 motherboard, taking platform longevity into account is illogical. It's also a false economy. Chose a platform based on the best performance and price to meet needs.

So what performance are referring to specifically with that motherboard?  It's still a pretty pricy board, and I think a lot of oldheads are just used to saying, "not the cheapest one" without looking into what's actually htere.  There really aren't any 'cheapo' boards like there used to be, especially with how they're made now for AM5 (and this is till the lowest core count CPU for that socket).

4 hours ago, brob said:

2 hours ago, Avigaming_ said:

Yeah for the mobo I'd recommend something bigger since you have a medium tower

Litereally why?  There is abssolutely no difference between a mATX and ATX board of the same model 90% of the time, and the no one uses more than 1 or MAYBE two PCIe cards anymore. 

I know it's a 8+2+1 instead of a 14+2+1, but that really isn;t going to mean anythiing significant with a 7600 in a gmaing system.  NOthing meaningful will come of that.

They are the same width, one form factor is about 2 inches shorter than the other.  You cannot even really see the bottom of the motherboard with a large GPU installed, and the PCB is usually black, as is the metal on the back of the case.  The 'aesthetic issues you're refering to are when people put ITX boards in full towers  A mATX board in a mid-tower is something that barely registers.  Not to mention ATX boards are usually AT LEAST %20 more expensive model over model for no real gain.

27 minutes ago, brob said:

Neither memory kit is on the motherboard or memory kit QVL. Doesn't mean they won't work, just that they haven't been tested.

G. Skill  6000MHz 30/38 is not gonna be an issue.  Almost no one uses QVLs anymore.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

8 hours ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

So what performance are referring to specifically with that motherboard?  It's still a pretty pricy board, and I think a lot of oldheads are just used to saying, "not the cheapest one" without looking into what's actually htere.  There really aren't any 'cheapo' boards like there used to be, especially with how they're made now for AM5 (and this is till the lowest core count CPU for that socket).

Litereally why?  There is abssolutely no difference between a mATX and ATX board of the same model 90% of the time, and the no one uses more than 1 or MAYBE two PCIe cards anymore. 

I know it's a 8+2+1 instead of a 14+2+1, but that really isn;t going to mean anythiing significant with a 7600 in a gmaing system.  NOthing meaningful will come of that.

They are the same width, one form factor is about 2 inches shorter than the other.  You cannot even really see the bottom of the motherboard with a large GPU installed, and the PCB is usually black, as is the metal on the back of the case.  The 'aesthetic issues you're refering to are when people put ITX boards in full towers  A mATX board in a mid-tower is something that barely registers.  Not to mention ATX boards are usually AT LEAST %20 more expensive model over model for no real gain.

G. Skill  6000MHz 30/38 is not gonna be an issue.  Almost no one uses QVLs anymore.

I might be old fashioned but personally I prefer a bigger board when I can as it comes with more connectors and more features (duh), and the tuf series of boards is pretty good in my experience.

Anyways I like my pcie lanes and honestly I want more lol