Looking for new headphones

unidentified7

My Cooler Master mh751 headphones are failing and I am really upset because these headphones were amazing. Im looking for suggestions for a new pair of headphones. They need to be closed back because I share a room and don't want my sound leaking through. I would prefer they have a mic attached to them because I will use them to game but I know that most quality headphones won't come with one. I'm by no means an audiophile but I do listen to a lot of music and I am looking for headphones of decent quality to avoid interference. They don't need to be wireless. I('d like to stay under 120$ but I may step a little outside that budget. Any advice would be appreciated.

redacted

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage

Are you opposed to IEMs? It's slightly out of your budget range but if you can stretch to the Jabra 75t, they have microphone, wireless, EQ app to tune them to your liking and will not let any noise out as they are going right into your ears. Built in active noise cancellation or passthru mode is a bonus, as well as being able to pair up to 2 devices at a time. I use them at work and have them paired to my cell phone and desktop pc as we speak.

2 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Are you opposed to IEMs? It's slightly out of your budget range but if you can stretch to the Jabra 75t, they have microphone, wireless, EQ app to tune them to your liking and will not let any noise out as they are going right into your ears. Built in active noise cancellation or passthru mode is a bonus, as well as being able to pair up to 2 devices at a time. I use them at work and have them paired to my cell phone and desktop pc as we speak.

I would definitely consider IEMs I just have never used them before. My main questions are how is the directional sound quality and how is the microphone quality on them? The pairing to multiple devices is definitely a plus.

7 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Bluetooth isn't ideal for gaming

75t has 261ms latency on PC according to Rtings.

Ah yeah... if your primary use case is gaming I'd avoid going wireless altogether and get some quality hardwired peripherals. 

Closed back headphones. $89 https://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR7506-Professional-Diaphragm-Headphone/dp/B000AJIF4E

alternative                          $86 https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Professional-Over-Ear-Monitoring-Headphones/dp/B00IT0IHOY/ref=sr_1_7?crid=EHX8T4RMZ7YS&keywords=sennheiser+hd25&qid=1689615233&s=musical-instruments&sprefix=sennheiser+hd25%2Cmi%2C94&sr=1-7

Then you have approx 30 bucks for a mic, you may want to stretch to ~$50 for this desktop mic https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Snowball-Condenser-Microphone-Cardioid/dp/B014PYGTUQ/ref=sr_1_3?crid=14BC404YAEM8K&keywords=blue+snowball&qid=1689615280&s=musical-instruments&sprefix=blue+snowball%2Cmi%2C100&sr=1-3

Otherwise if you can go w/o a mic for a little bit while you save up, I'd look into something like the modmic which would attach to the headphones. ~50-150 bucks https://www.amazon.com/s?k=modmic&crid=1EUFC070DRC4H&sprefix=modmi%2Caps%2C106&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

The sennheiser headphones may have a bit tigher clamping force than the sony and would give it time to stretch out a bit, just FYI.

Bonus if you can go to a local guitar center or similar store and test out some closed back headphones yourself.

On 7/17/2023 at 12:08 PM, unidentified7 said:

My Cooler Master mh751 headphones are failing and I am really upset because these headphones were amazing. Im looking for suggestions for a new pair of headphones. They need to be closed back because I share a room and don't want my sound leaking through. I would prefer they have a mic attached to them because I will use them to game but I know that most quality headphones won't come with one. I'm by no means an audiophile but I do listen to a lot of music and I am looking for headphones of decent quality to avoid interference. They don't need to be wireless. I('d like to stay under 120$ but I may step a little outside that budget. Any advice would be appreciated.

For future reference your Coolermaster headphones are a headset. If it has an attached mic, it's a headset. If you don't learn the proper lingo  you make people rip their hair out while reading your posts and it also confuses people as to what you're looking for.