Temporary files makes pc start slower (old title:Nvidia gpu driver make pc boot slower +37 seconds)

Go to solution Solved by Fracteller,

LITTLE UPDATE: 

For those who are having this problem, this fixed mine! https://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/173242-long-loading-windows-10-login.html it was the temporary files! 

From 1m 5 seconds to 40 seconds as always. Never thought that temporary files could do that! Never happened to me. 

Hi everyone, this is a continuation from another thread where I figured out that the problem isn't windows related but GPU driver, here's the first thread: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1518959-bios-load-fast-rtx-4090-driver-load-is-very-slow-black-screen-then-w10-appears-before-password/#comment-16034102

One day I noticed that my pc started to boot slower than usual, before it was 40 seconds (and windows is loaded) but now, it takes up to 1 minute and 7 seconds to load windows, after loading bios it stays black, so I thought maybe it's a gpu driver issue. With DDU I removed it (to upgrade to a newer one) and windows loaded after only 30 seconds (gpu driverless), so defenately a gpu driver issue. When I installed the newer driver it was back to 1m and 7 seconds (before it was only 40 seconds). I always download gpu drivers manually, not with geforce experience.

Here's my pc config: 

CPU: Amd 3950x 
Mobo: Asus Tuf x570 gaming
GPU: MSI 4090 Gaming Trio
NVME: Samsung Pro 980 2TO
PSU: MPG A1000G
Sound card: FocUSrite Scarlett Solo 3Rd Gen

EDIT: 
Fast Startup is disabled, I removed all the usb connected except the mouse and keyboard, I even removed some DP and HDMI from the gpu, nothing changed. 

Any idea what it could be? Does anyone saw something similar? and please, I know that a fresh windows install could correct this, but I would like to avoid deleting/reinstalling all my programs and android parameters, I would like to troubleshoot and understand the problem.

Thanks everyone 🙏

Final EDIT: I found the solution! 

Edited by Fracteller
Found the solution!

I really don't see how this could be a GPU driver issue. If it were so, there would've been many more reports of a such issue. I would start looking into your OS. You could be having all sorts of issues that are conflicting with your drivers and so on. Maybe reinstalling it from a fresh copy and not keeping anything from the previous installation/drive. Get your copy directly from Microsoft/Rufus and don't install any bloatware, including any hardware utility, anti virus,... Just bare windows with drivers. Try that and see what happens.

Your boot time already was abysmal...

my rig takes max 15sec to boot to windows even accounting for my dual boot Grub menu

I suspect a motherboard or BIOS issue 

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

6 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Your boot time already was abysmal...

my rig takes max 15sec to boot to windows even accounting for my dual boot Grub menu

I suspect a motherboard or BIOS issue 

I have a lot of installed things on my pc, Visual Studio related extentions, Python, Android things, (for Unreal Engine packaging) etc, that kind of stuff, maybe those needs to run. 

Knowing that before it was normal, i'm curious to troubleshoot this

6 minutes ago, Fracteller said:

I have a lot of installed things on my pc, Visual Studio related extentions, Python, Android things, (for Unreal Engine packaging) etc, that kind of stuff, maybe those needs to run. 

Knowing that before it was normal, i'm curious to troubleshoot this

Boot time is up to windows log screen, whatever happens later is your configuration indeed 

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

14 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Boot time is up to windows log screen, whatever happens later is your configuration indeed 

So those kind of elements like python and android (for Unreal Engine) load after I put my password to log in? 

I even thought maybe windows is acually loaded but it's just the screen that stayed black for a reason.  

So you're thinking about the mobo / bios? Other than updating the Bios (I think there's an update), what should I do to toubleshoot? 

5 minutes ago, Fracteller said:

So those kind of elements like python and android (for Unreal Engine) load after I put my password to log in? 

I even thought maybe windows is acually loaded but it's just the screen that stayed black for a reason.  

So you're thinking about the mobo / bios? Other than updating the Bios (I think there's an update), what should I do to toubleshoot? 

Afaik yes, Windows boots then lauch all the user crap and bloatware 😛 

Update BIOS, reset CMOS, check RAM speed (could be your RAM that faults several times before booting)

2 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Update BIOS, reset CMOS, check RAM speed (could be your RAM that faults several times before booting)

Okay good to know, that eleminates part of all the softwares I installed

Hmm, I don't think it's ram because I have lights that indicates if its ok or not, nothing weird (Few months ago I had some ram issues, I learned all the blinking combinations 🤣

I'll try to update bios w/out resetting cmos for now

3 hours ago, PDifolco said:

I'm back, I updated bios (it cleared the cmos), disabled docp too, nothing changed with the new bios. 

• 2 weeks later...

@PDifolcoFound the solution! It was the temporary files! After I deleted them it was back to normal, it could be even faster because I did set the bios to wait 4 seconds before starting windows.