AMD Promotion

C4xy

Anyone have any idea why the amd promotion for starfield doesn't apply to amazon products? At least as far as i can see for the 7800x3d

57 minutes ago, C4xy said:

Anyone have any idea why the amd promotion for starfield doesn't apply to amazon products? At least as far as i can see for the 7800x3d

Mostly likely you'd have to check who is listed for Amazon promotion, sites themselves are easy as there's just one seller, the site itself but sites like Amazon could be any seller or reseller.

Second check that you've completed their verification process. Whoever you bought the product off will send you a code to use in the verifyer tool. I've participated twice and worked twice the same way.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

It's not on the promo page, because it's technically not in stock. Only available through third party sellers, who are not part of the promo.

Buy it from somewhere else.

In Canada, it's cheapest at Canada Computers.

In the US, Amazon and Newegg are sold out.

Microcenter has it for $420 as the cheapest (pick up only I believe)

While Best Buy and B&H ships it for $440~$450.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

10 hours ago, C4xy said:

They usually have a bunch of partners they cooperate with. I would have liked them to have it in a physical store in my city, but only two e-tailers have it. 

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

Amazon is selected as one of the places. So either its only listed by 3rd party sellers (Amazon Marketplace) or its not among the "selected" products. AMD has right to choose what they promote, you really can't be salty about not getting free game.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Amazon is selected as one of the places. So either its only listed by 3rd party sellers (Amazon Marketplace) or its not among the "selected" products. AMD has right to choose what they promote, you really can't be salty about not getting free game.

not salty was just curious why amazon wasn't selected

3 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

It's literally listed in promotion as part of the bundle and other AMD products on Amazon have the promotion.

2 hours ago, C4xy said:

not salty was just curious why amazon wasn't selected

But it is selected...? Any reasons on why retailer is not chosen would not be made public. Such could cause too much gossip overall. Just like LMG rarely discloses that they have dropped sponsors and ever rarer on why.

E: Also sorry about reading your post wrong way. Sounded bit odd to focus so much on single retailer and product like that.

Edited by LogicalDrm

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv