main rig upgrade

Budget (including currency): 500€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: mainly 1080p gaming, triple A to small lan party games; a bit of workstation use for university

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Current setup: CPU R5 1600; GPU Zotac 1070 Amp Extreme; PSU Corsair GS800; an old Enermax case and some 20€ cpu air cooler

First of all, Mobo (Asus Prime X470 Pro) and 16 gigs of corsair´s vengeance ram stay the same.

I decided to finally upgrade my rig bc i got some money saved up and i feel its time to retire the rig that served me well for the last 4 years atleast i think 🙂

I managed to buy (on kleinanzeigen, idk somewhat german craigslist ig) a

RTX 3060 Ti Gddr6 8G used for 200€

R5 5600X used in an office pc for 100€

Corsair RM650i used in the same pc for 60€

a scythe mugen air cooler for 30€ once again used in the office pc

And a bequiet pure base 600 new for a 6nice9 amount of money bc the old Enermax case is just hard to build in and i modded it somewhat over the years( my old posts document my raspberry pi which was installed in an optical bay for a while ae)

In general im very happy with the outcome bc i think these are somewhat good bargains right? 😄

And should hopefully be a significant upgrade and at the same time carry me through the next few years as the previous hardware

What do you think?

And as always sorry for possibly existing spelling mistakes :)

am hungry

I'd say it was a great deal on all of them. Just be weary though. If that site is as sketchy as the actual craigslist, then it could be bad, but I assume the hardware didn't get extreme use like mining or something.

2 minutes ago, Please help me63 said:

I'd say it was a great deal on all of them. Just be weary though. If that site is as sketchy as the actual craigslist, then it could be bad, but I assume the hardware didn't get extreme use like mining or something.

yeah it can get pretty sketchy

i actually personally picked up the gpu, the dude was nice ig, we met at his work and it looked like they do some video editing work. not quite sure tho. i asked if they used to mine and he said they did but a few years back and not with the cards hes selling at this point

but he had a test station set up and the 3060 ti performed expectable in timespy.

soo hopefully that card has a few years left 😄

am hungry

14 minutes ago, TheV_Machine said:

RTX 3060 Ti Gddr6 8G used for 200€

R5 5600X used in an office pc for 100€

Corsair RM650i used in the same pc for 60€

a scythe mugen air cooler for 30€ once again used in the office pc

And a bequiet pure base 600 new for a 6nice9 amount of money bc the old Enermax case is just hard to build in and i modded it somewhat over the years( my old posts document my raspberry pi which was installed in an optical bay for a while ae)

all of these seem like pretty good deals to me. Nothing inherently wrong here

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

2 minutes ago, filpo said:

all of these seem like pretty good deals to me. Nothing inherently wrong here

always good to hear when most of the hardware comes out the "used market fun zone" 😄

am hungry