Nat Type D: why I can't game online with my Nintendo Switch...

Hello, all!  I'm a networking newbie in need of some assistance. 
Please let me know if this one belongs more on the gaming subcategory.  I figured it's more of an internet issue than a game issue. 

Here's what's happening: My Nintendo Switch cannot connect with other players online.  I believe this is due to my NAT type being in the 'D' category. 

Here's my setup: I'm running an HP T620 Plus with OPNSense as my router (my ISP-provided by Cox is in bridge mode).  I'm running that to a Ubiquiti Switch which is connected to a U6-Pro AP and a small Intel computer running Ubuntu that houses the Unifi controller software.  Attached is a picture laying out my whole network setup. 

Other problems I've been having that might(?) be contributing: I haven't been able to properly get my OPNSense router and my Unifi setup to communicate with one another properly.  Sure, my internet works fine and is pretty fast, but I can't seem to do more advanced(?) things like VLANs and such. 

I'm a total newbie at this stuff, so I think I'm way out of my depth here.  Would anyone be able to help me diagnose my issue or contribute some ideas for solutions?  Has anyone seen NAT D problems on Unifi setups before?

Thanks a ton!

Screenshot 2023-07-09 200011.png

Cox may be using Carrier Grade NAT (CG-NAT) on their network. Ask Cox for a Static IP address and put this Static IP in your router settings. You may have to restart your networking equipment for the IP changes to take affect. This should fix the NAT type D problem.

I don't know what is causing the VLAN problem.

29 minutes ago, Smile said:

Cox may be using Carrier Grade NAT (CG-NAT) on their network. Ask Cox for a Static IP address and put this Static IP in your router settings. You may have to restart your networking equipment for the IP changes to take affect. This should fix the NAT type D problem.

I don't know what is causing the VLAN problem.

Unfortunately, Cox only offers static IP address to businesses.  I have a residential address. 😕
It's worth mentioning that my Nintendo Switch was working with online play when I first moved in.  However, something has changed and now it's not working.  That's why I'm thinking it could be something with my setup. 

13 minutes ago, server_mint said:

Unfortunately, Cox only offers static IP address to businesses.  I have a residential address. 😕
It's worth mentioning that my Nintendo Switch was working with online play when I first moved in.  However, something has changed and now it's not working.  That's why I'm thinking it could be something with my setup. 

Check your router WAN IP address in OPNSense and remember the IP.

Do a Google for what's my IP address and check if the IP shown in Google is the same or different to your router WAN IP.

If both IPs are different you are on CG-NAT.

If both IPs are the same you are not on CG-NAT and there is a problem in OPNSense.