Is it better to buy an external nvme enclosure + an SSD or just an external SSD?

Hello. I have a fairly new laptop, with a couple of USB 3.2 Gen 1's and USB-C 3.2 Gen 2. Since I've got both NVME slots already occupied with SSDs and I do not want to swap either of them for bigger storage, is it better to buy an external nvme enclosure + a regular NVME SSD or just stick to the external SSD? I would like to run games off of it.

Whatever you're more comfortable with / has the best price. I use an nvme enclosure because of the small size.

4 minutes ago, Sjaakie said:

Whatever you're more comfortable with / has the best price. I use an nvme enclosure because of the small size.

i was thinking more about, which has more performance, and also saving a buck would also be nice. But performance is priority to me.

2 minutes ago, dens22 said:

i was thinking more about, which has more performance, and also saving a buck would also be nice

Depends on the product, both can be equally fast. If you use a fast regular nvme in an enclosure check if the enclosure specs can handle high speed.