Equalizer after using DAC

MehRepublic

When i still using my onboard audio i can change the eq through the realtek software

but now since im using dac i cant eq my sound anymore, i do can change the eq through my audio/video player but it only effect on that particular software.

I need one that can eq all the sound(song/video/youtube/game) altogether ? 

By using the DAC itself? It should have adjustable levels of bass and volume?

You need to use the software, one by one. You could buy an external hardware equaliser, but that's kind of an expensive solution to a small problem...

Think of it this way: You have a Xonar DG, and then you bought a creative titanium, and you have 2 of them installed on your mobo. If you're using the creative titanium, and you want to change the sound by fiddling with the xonar's control center (or vice versa), of course it won't work. That's basically what you're doing now. By plugging and using the DAC, means you're no longer using the onboard realtek. Of course you can't change the output sound of the DAC by fiddling with the realtek application, it's just 2 different devices altogether. 

So short answer is yes, you'd have to use the separate in-applications' EQ....

Think of it this way: You have a Xonar DG, and then you bought a creative titanium, and you have 2 of them installed on your mobo. If you're using the creative titanium, and you want to change the sound by fiddling with the xonar's control center (or vice versa), of course it won't work. That's basically what you're doing now. By plugging and using the DAC, means you're no longer using the onboard realtek. Of course you can't change the output sound of the DAC by fiddling with the realtek application, it's just 2 different devices altogether. 

So short answer is yes, you'd have to use the separate in-applications' EQ....

i know that. need software that might able to control all

By using the DAC itself? It should have adjustable levels of bass and volume?

my dac have only 3mm jack, though my amp does have those but not what i want

but what i want is to control with the eq to cut the highs abit(sibilance), change the bass layering and make the mids a little fuller and thicker

while try not to effect the others

my dac have only 3mm jack, though my amp does have those but not what i want

but what i want is to control with the eq to cut the highs abit(sibilance), change the bass layering and make the mids a little fuller and thicker

while try not to effect the others

Are you willing to spend money on it? If so, you can get a hardware equaliser. For me, money would be better spent buying headphones/speakers I like the sound of without EQ.

A final option is modding. Any kind of material placed in front of a driver will attenuate the treble more than it does the mids, and barely changes the bass at all. So you can play around with that and see if you can adjust the sound that way.

EDIT - and obviously the simplest solution is to just change the EQ on all your software one by one and save the profiles.

i believe they might be a software for that, i hope i found one soon,

i dont think i would buy the hardware equaliser, for that money i probably going to change my portable amp to tube amp,

to be honest my personal eq are rather low profile, almost like powerful equalizer but with even way flatter line

but enuf to cut off sibilance and make the sound more forward to counter my a little laid back amp

after using a dac(from onboard) i just dont really like how analytical my headphone now(dt 880-i know that wat it supposed to sound)

than it used to sound a little more musical

but going to back onboard  i will lose another tons how good my dac sound..

• 2 weeks later...

i still didnt find a software for this,

but somehow after my custom cable arrived, all the eq i wanted happen after the new cable :P

thank u everyone