Gpu at 100%

Hi, 
I was wondering if anyone can help me with this, 
I've built my pc, after many problems over the years, a fried motherboard, a fried ssd, 2 psus failed, etc.

Well the thing is that 2 weeks ago, I was working on some rendering, when my pc shut down, and after 30 seconds I heard a small explosion, and smelled like fried transistors, so i figured it out that the psu was broken.
I needed to finnish the work so I took my gpu and installed it on an other pc, to my surprise it worked better than expected even better than my pc.

On my pc my gpu works at 100% and at 75-80°, its very hot, so I always open my case so I can point another fan to it, on the other pc it worked at 50% and 60° more or less, and the rendering were fast enough.

I use the firestorm app to limit the gpu from zotac.
I ordered another psu (a bigger one) and the gpu still works at 100% and stays very hot on my pc.

My pc:
cpu - i9900k
ram - 64 gb (4x16)
ssd - 512gb
gpu - zotac-gaming-geforce-rtx-4090-amp-extreme-airo 
psu - 1300w (850w the older one)
Cooling - 4 fans + liquid cooler 2 fans

Software - Twinmotion 2023.1.2

Other pc:

cpu - Ryzen 7 5700g
ram - 64 gb (4x16)
ssd - 1tb
psu - 850w
Cooling - 3 fans + liquid cooler 2 fans

I know that the Ryzen is newer but it compares to the i9900k, I just wonder, how can it be that my gpu on my pc stresses that way, I dont know how to solve this, can anyone help me?
btw, I use twinmotion in ultra setting in both pcs, all the settings were the same.

Thanks a lot

WhatsApp Image 2023-07-03 at 21.45.14.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-07-03 at 21.46.04.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-07-03 at 21.47.44.jpg

Is the last picture your main PC? No wonder you need to open the case up. That front panel is restrictive as hell.

My Rig: CPU : 10700K | RAM : Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz c16 32G (4x8) | CPU cooler : NHD15 | GPU : ASUS ProArt 4070 | PSU : Corsair RM850 (black label) | CASE : Corsair 5000D Airflow | Storage : Samsung 970 evo 1TB, WD Black 1TB, Samsung evo 850 Sata SSD | Casefans : Lian Li Unifan SL120 7X|

MOUSE : G Pro Wireless X superlight | Keyboard : Keychron C1- Pro-H1 Gateron Milky Reds

I suppose that what happens on your "weak" CPU is that it bottlenecks the GPU, so it works at 50% and don't use much power

On your "strong" rig it works at 100% and gets hot, and the 9900K also gets pretty hot and don't help

If the performance difference isn' t that big the weak CPU may be a better efficiency choice, or else youcould limite CPU and GPU power to keep them cool (CPU in BIOS, GPU in Afterburner)

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

34 minutes ago, Alinz said:

Is the last picture your main PC? No wonder you need to open the case up. That front panel is restrictive as hell.

It's a hot box. The fans are just a fancy lights, airflow is non-existent. Turns out you can't really suck air trough a glass panel 😄

41 minutes ago, Jacobo Smemi said:

Hi, 
I was wondering if anyone can help me with this, 
I've built my pc, after many problems over the years, a fried motherboard, a fried ssd, 2 psus failed, etc.

Well the thing is that 2 weeks ago, I was working on some rendering, when my pc shut down, and after 30 seconds I heard a small explosion, and smelled like fried transistors, so i figured it out that the psu was broken.
I needed to finnish the work so I took my gpu and installed it on an other pc, to my surprise it worked better than expected even better than my pc.

On my pc my gpu works at 100% and at 75-80°, its very hot, so I always open my case so I can point another fan to it, on the other pc it worked at 50% and 60° more or less, and the rendering were fast enough.

I use the firestorm app to limit the gpu from zotac.
I ordered another psu (a bigger one) and the gpu still works at 100% and stays very hot on my pc.

My pc:
cpu - i9900k
ram - 64 gb (4x16)
ssd - 512gb
psu - 1300w (850w the older one)
Cooling - 4 fans + liquid cooler 2 fans

Other pc:

cpu - Ryzen 7 5700g
ram - 64 gb (4x16)
ssd - 1tb
psu - 850w
Cooling - 3 fans + liquid cooler 2 fans

I know that the Ryzen is newer but it compares to the i9900k, I just wonder, how can it be that my gpu on my pc stresses that way, I dont know how to solve this, can anyone help me?
btw, I use twinmotion in ultra setting in both pcs, all the settings were the same.

Thanks a lot

Well, running GPU as close to 100% is optimal as that means you're getting the most out of it. If it can't run close to 100% on one system and it does on the other, that means there is most likely a CPU bottleneck on the system where it can't reach 100%.

Also, the more the GPU works the more hot it gets so when it's not held back by a CPU it will run hotter... unless you cap your FPS in game if you don't need it to output max performance all the time.

Thanks for the response, 
The thing is that Im scared because all the things that have been heard of the 4090 with melting cables and all, thats why Im always cheking the stats

so it should be working at 100%?
I thought that if I have that big of a gpu, it shouldt as the project Im rendering isnt that big, it has many objects and reflections, But I have worked on bigger ones with an old gpu (quadro k2200 4gb) it was slow, but I have never seen it that hot, it worked at 100% and it took hours to complete some renders that this 4090 lasts like minutes.
But Should I worry?

GPU temps are fine as they're below tjmax for your specific gpu, this is usually in the 90-100c range. 

Now matter how good the gpu cooler, it needs fresh air in order to operate at maximum effectiveness, consider improving the airflow on the case.