Dell XPS 8700 Won’t Power on

Go to solution Solved by TheTechTinkerer_,

Nvm, I was able figure out on the Dell forums (shoutout to redxps630) that my mobo died. Thank you for contributing, though!

https://www.dell.com/community/XPS-Desktops/Dell-XPS-8700-won-t-turn-on/m-p/8412831

I have a Dell Xps 8700 with 12GBs of ram and a i7-4790k. The gpu is a gtx 470 I added later. The psu is 500 watts. When plugged in, the amber light on the motherboard illuminates (indicating that the 5v rail is working), but whenever I press the power button, nothing happens. The power button never illuminates any color. However, when I press the diagnostic button on the back of the psu, the fans (pc case, gpu, and cpu fans) spin up to full speed, but nothing else happens. When I stop pressing the button, the fans turn off. Someone please help me, I was planning to use this pc as a NAS and a backup pc if my main one breaks.

I forgot to mention I tried shorting out the power button pins, but to no avail.

4 hours ago, TheTechTinkerer_ said:

I forgot to mention I tried shorting out the power button pins, but to no avail.

did you even find a 24 pin connector in it? Dell and HP don't use standard equipment so it's basicaly just a bad anchor when it dies. unless you have an equal system you can scavenge for spare parts..