Camera battery

Go to solution Solved by OhioYJ,
23 minutes ago, GeorgeWonks said:

So if this is a copy,will it do damage to the camera?

While anything is possible, it's more likely it just won't last as long as an OEM battery.

I have been looking to buy a battery for a camera(Rebel T7).I looked up the battery in the main dealers website and they have listed it for about 95 dollars but I found the same battery listed for 19 dollars in a third party website.

I msged them and they said that it was not a copy.They mentioned that it is a A grade battery but not a original.

Is there a real difference between original and A grade or they are just selling fake products?

Well I guess it can't be "fake" as they aren't trying to pass it off as an "OEM" part, but they aren't exactly being forthcoming with what it is either. Which to me is a little bit of a red flag. Usually something made with quality parts, a manufacturer would just say it's made with ______ brand cells. The only catch here is most consumers aren't likely to know what a quality battery is from one that will explode in this case.

Is there a difference, likely. Will the aftermarket work ok, sometimes? It's a complete gamble. I've gotten aftermarket batteries that are actually pretty good (typically not OEM quality unfortunately) but decent, and then I've gotten ones that are just garbage.

10 minutes ago, OhioYJ said:

Well I guess it can't be "fake" as they aren't trying to pass it off as an "OEM" part, but they aren't exactly being forthcoming with what it is either. Which to me is a little bit of a red flag. Usually something made with quality parts, a manufacturer would just say it's made with ______ brand cells. The only catch here is most consumers aren't likely to know what a quality battery is from one that will explode in this case.

Is there a difference, likely. Will the aftermarket work ok, sometimes? It's a complete gamble. I've gotten aftermarket batteries that are actually pretty good (typically not OEM quality unfortunately) but decent, and then I've gotten ones that are just garbage.

23 minutes ago, GeorgeWonks said:

While anything is possible, it's more likely it just won't last as long as an OEM battery.

13 hours ago, GeorgeWonks said:

they said that it was not a copy.

but not a original.

What? It's either original or a copy. Can't be both, can't be neither.