Mic volume suddenly randomly low despite doing nothing

Elijah Kamski
Go to solution Solved by Bombastinator,
40 minutes ago, Elijah Kamski said:

I tested it with the Vive Cosmos disconnected and it still had the same issue, I also reinstalled the audio drivers from Asus's website for my mobo using DDU (yes it has that function) and it did not work.

I only have the KRK KNS 6400 headphones connected, it is connected to the phones output on the mixer. I have the headphone output from the desktop connected to the mixer as well so I can hear everything.

A mixer?  Like the old style ones with all the sliders? Those things are easy to knock the volume on.

Hi there,

My mic volume is suddenly randomly low despite doing nothing. Device set to main device already and I've tried to Do Nothing thing when Windows detects a call etc. Could you please help me?

image.png.1d655368c112cdedeef66343a9a23c8b.png

Note: Used to be around -25 to -20, but now it is -50

Thanks,
Eli

52 minutes ago, Elijah Kamski said:

Hi there,

My mic volume is suddenly randomly low despite doing nothing. Device set to main device already and I've tried to Do Nothing thing when Windows detects a call etc. Could you please help me?

image.png.1d655368c112cdedeef66343a9a23c8b.png

Note: Used to be around -25 to -20, but now it is -50

Thanks,
Eli

Did this happen between restart or while it was on?  Also what are your specs?  Machine age can affect this one.  So far I’ve seen a total of one or maybe two troubleshooting posts where specs actually weren’t needed.  This isn’t one.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Did this happen between restart or while it was on?  Also what are your specs?  Machine age can affect this one.  So far I’ve seen a total of one or maybe two troubleshooting posts where specs actually weren’t needed.  This isn’t one.

This has happened while it is on, I've restarted and shutdown as well but no luck and the problem still continues. The image is from OBS but it affects other applications as well.

Specs:
Ryzen 9 5950X
ProArt B550 Creator
Radeon Pro WX8200
Shure SM58
Behringer Xenyx Q1202USB Mixer (Connected via analog to motherboard as I need monitor functionality as well)
Crucial NVMe SSD for boot and a HDD for games

Additional accessories:
Vive Cosmos is connected

Thanks,
Eli

57 minutes ago, Elijah Kamski said:

This has happened while it is on, I've restarted and shutdown as well but no luck and the problem still continues. The image is from OBS but it affects other applications as well.

Specs:
Ryzen 9 5950X
ProArt B550 Creator
Radeon Pro WX8200
Shure SM58
Behringer Xenyx Q1202USB Mixer (Connected via analog to motherboard as I need monitor functionality as well)
Crucial NVMe SSD for boot and a HDD for games

Additional accessories:
Vive Cosmos is connected

Thanks,
Eli

So not an auto update.  Machine is new so it’s not a “old machine gives it up” thing.  I know nothing about what a Vive cosmos is.  If you were manipulating stuff at the time it could be what you were manipulating.  If you weren’t I’m guessing something went “spoing” and it’s a hardware issue.  Overdriven speaker perhaps.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 6/30/2023 at 3:44 AM, Bombastinator said:

So not an auto update.  Machine is new so it’s not a “old machine gives it up” thing.  I know nothing about what a Vive cosmos is.  If you were manipulating stuff at the time it could be what you were manipulating.  If you weren’t I’m guessing something went “spoing” and it’s a hardware issue.  Overdriven speaker perhaps.

I tested it with the Vive Cosmos disconnected and it still had the same issue, I also reinstalled the audio drivers from Asus's website for my mobo using DDU (yes it has that function) and it did not work.

I only have the KRK KNS 6400 headphones connected, it is connected to the phones output on the mixer. I have the headphone output from the desktop connected to the mixer as well so I can hear everything.

40 minutes ago, Elijah Kamski said:

A mixer?  Like the old style ones with all the sliders? Those things are easy to knock the volume on.

27 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Yeah its the Behringer Xenyx Q1202USB Mixer

Doesn't have sliders and also I doubled checked the volumes levels on it.

I even tried a different mic input slot, turned it on and off etc XD

39 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Hey...

Its dumb

I found the reason why...

The master fx send which sends the channels I selected to the computer was turned down, must've done it when I was cleaning...

Anyways... problem solved....

Lol.  That kind of thing happens