ASUS Ally Rog Rog Owners - Quality question

RasmusDC

i have recieved my unit, and have done the setup..

it all seems nice.. then i laid it on the table, and it seems to be "crooked" like, it does not lay flat, it can "move" a bit i can see when it is place, one side is a bit higher than the other, so there is a bit of "twist" in the chassie, now it is not "EXTREME" but it is a bit..

does yours lay flat, or does it move a bit.

i know it is details.. i´m just curious if this is MY unit, or just .. the quality of the plastics in general.. 

the thing is, it is a bit annoying if you want to type on it, while it is on the table.. but you will never notice if you just sit with it.

On 6/16/2023 at 10:13 PM, knatsch said:

damn, same for me TIHI

i stopped caring.. had a RB that was a bit wonky too.. it annoys me the first time i press it, then i get in the game, and i forget all about it.. so impressed with this little thing

I remember being into these handhelds, so preordered the Steamdeck and got one of the first batch. of the 512GB version..

had it in my hand for 15 minutes, where everything just did not feel good, and the haptics on mine i think was just broken, even with one at max and the other at low, they were still miles apart in feel, on was just SO weak.

And the fan was just extreme, ended up returning it... i had the same like "mentality" going into this, but to be honest, it is "good" enough in the quality area, and what is insane for me, is how much value the VRR gives you.. i get people love 120hz, and it is a cool screen, but the VRR.... played like games that ran 30ish frames on it, and it still seems buttery smooth.. YES 60 fps is way better, and 120 fps is great (but way less noticable for me) but the 30 FPS which i normally HATE, is okay on this.

now the main problem is that i miss mouse and keyboard for most of the games, but have found some old controller driven games, that i have refound my love for, even though it is an old game, i never got to play shadow of war, and has been playing it for a few hours, still love the nemesis system.