Logitech G610 Modding support!

Hi Guys,

i am interested in modding my Logitech G610 but i am not sure what parts i can pick seeing as i am pretty new to this and have never modded a keyboard before!

So currently i have cherry mx reds but i want to switch to Gateron Pro Milky Yellows. Would there be any issues or can i just directly solder them to the pcb?

Gateron Pro Milky Yellow Switch | Candykeys

I would also like to add white LEDs. I think they should fit but please correct me if i am wrong!

LED 2x3x4mm | Candykeys

As for the new Keycaps i have decided go for the following set:
Double-Shot PBT Cherry Profile Full Set Keycaps - Grey, White and Blue (keychron.de)

In the description it mentions that there minor interferences with north facing LEDs, which i why i mentioned them above. Would that still work for me?

Sorry if these are stupid questions but it's wanted to make sure that everything will work and that i don't totally destroy the keyboard!

8 hours ago, spuudwuud said:

So currently i have cherry mx reds but i want to switch to Gateron Pro Milky Yellows. Would there be any issues or can i just directly solder them to the pcb?

Gateron Pro Milky Yellow Switch | Candykeys

The keyboard doesn't have the holes for 5 pin switches, so you'll have to cut off two plastic pins on each switch. Other than that, it'll be fine. 

I would also like to add white LEDs. I think they should fit but please correct me if i am wrong!

LED 2x3x4mm | Candykeys

Should be fine. 

As for the new Keycaps i have decided go for the following set:
Double-Shot PBT Cherry Profile Full Set Keycaps - Grey, White and Blue (keychron.de)

In the description it mentions that there minor interferences with north facing LEDs, which i why i mentioned them above. Would that still work for me?

The interference is due to the bulkier side of the switch housing (side with the pins and contacts) touching the keycap. The LEDs being north facing is just to clarify the orientation of the switches. Even with interference, it shouldn't be a major issue. 

Edited by seon123
Something something

:)