Looking to create an OS that will run on Replit.com, looking for advice and assistance.

27 minutes ago, Sakuriru said:

It was a joke, those two lines are the only thing I've ever written in replit.

So? You proved it was possible, you should continue it. It would make a very interesting project and make for cool conversation amongst programmers. 
I would get better at python just to help!

Main "Rig"=HP 11A G6 EE

Android Tablet

Raspberry PI Zero W 2

If you have any fun ideas for things for me to do with my PI, send me a direct message. 

I plan to upgrade within a few months to a proper computer.

27 minutes ago, Sakuriru said:

I fully advise you to learn why it's a joke. Start by reading the dino book I sent you.

That book costs money, and I don’t have any to spare, so I have to find a PDF, and I haven’t had the chance to find one yet. 

Main "Rig"=HP 11A G6 EE

Android Tablet

Raspberry PI Zero W 2

If you have any fun ideas for things for me to do with my PI, send me a direct message. 

I plan to upgrade within a few months to a proper computer.

3 hours ago, Eigenvektor said:

Yes, I'm aware you didn't say that. I was merely responding to "any language would work". Because some don't.

Go with C, C++ or Rust. The Linux kernel is primarily written in C, some parts in C++, but they are looking into Rust because it essentially makes certain types of bugs impossible (i.e. the language/compiler prevents you from making them)

Don't use Assembler unless you really have to (i.e. for very performance critical parts). It's just a lot of extra work for little to no gain on average. It will give you maximum control, but that generally isn't needed. Modern compilers are generally much better at optimizing the generated machine code (which is 1:1 to assembler) than your average human. Assembler makes sense if you know for a fact that the generated code is not ideal and you can do better.

Yea agree, I think assembly is mostly more important if you need to do either reverse engineering, creating your own full on compiler or doing low level debugging.

To add assembly is also insanely inflexible, if lets say you go from x86 to some RISC variety you will have to rewrite portions that might not have the same instruction set.

3 hours ago, Eigenvektor said:

Go with C, C++ or Rust. The Linux kernel is primarily written in C, some parts in C++, but they are looking into Rust because it essentially makes certain types of bugs impossible (i.e. the language/compiler prevents you from making them)

That and well written Rust apparently is faster in some situations

1 hour ago, Peter_The_Ent said:

So? You proved it was possible, you should continue it. It would make a very interesting project and make for cool conversation amongst programmers. 
I would get better at python just to help!

Just go on the web and start learning to code.  Go download Unity and start messing around with it since they have demos that already give you a full fledged game.  Given that you weren't able to discern what he said as a joke really is saying you need to start from scratch and get used to the language before even considering doing things like OS level stuff.

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef